Squish or crush? Advice? Opinions?

Semiterrestrial Scientist

Semiterrestrial Scientist

So I have this friend who I hadn't seen in a while. The last time I saw her was on 4th of July. When I saw her we were joking around and stuff and she always teases me cause I'm more serious than the others. Well I may or may not have developed feelings for her. Idk if it's a crush or a squish. I feel like it's stronger than a squish but every time I try and make it romantic I always end up going "eww no". So I'm not sure how to handle this. If I have a crush that would also mean that I'm homo or biromantic and I kinda just have to let that sink in too. So help? Please?

I get this with so many people it's insane. 

I try to think of it as me seeking a deep emotional connection with the person, like wanting them to know me better than most people. And a little bit of innocent cuddling or physical closeness that's completely non- sexual or even non- romantic would be really nice. I'm not sure if there's an actual word for it, but you're definitely not alone!!

• 2 months later...

It sounds like you might be interested in a Queerplatonic relationship with your friend. The way I explain Queerplatonic is that we don't want sex or romance, but we are more than/ deeper than friends. Here are some links for it though. http://wiki.asexuality.org/Queerplatonic http://helloflo.com/hannah-queerplatonic-relationships/ Queerplatonic relationships don't necessarily have anything to do which sexual or romantic orientation my sister is heterosexual and heteroromantic and so is her zucchini(zucchini is just the term for partners in queerplatonic relationships)  who is also a heterosexual and heteroromantic female. Relationships and orientations can be confusing. Good luck. :)

On 10/9/2017 at 1:56 PM, mistfallen said:

And a little bit of innocent cuddling or physical closeness that's completely non- sexual or even non- romantic would be really nice. I'm not sure if there's an actual word for it, but you're definitely not alone!!

I think that is sensual...

On 10/9/2017 at 12:26 PM, Syrthia said:

Idk if it's a crush or a squish. I feel like it's stronger than a squish but every time I try and make it romantic I always end up going "eww no"

I have a squish that's stronger than my others, and i want to be closer to them than with others but also just cant tolerate the idea of being with romantically, so i still call them a squish vs a crush. It can be different for everyone though, it took me ages to work out what mine was...

Best of luck :)

Archived