I need reassurance.

ConfusedButHere

ConfusedButHere

Lately I've been leaning towards the label cupioromantic.

I've been thinking I'm cupio lately because I really, really like the idea of a romantic relationship. I find myself constantly wondering what it would be like to just be plain whipped for someone, and to have that feeling recuperated. Being all fluffy and cute and just cuddling someone I love? That sounds amazing imo.

But the problem is, I've never been romantically attracted to someone. My heart has never skipped a beat, nor have I felt nervous, nor have a excessively day dreamed about being in a relationship with another person as I see most people describe it. Sure, I've thought, hypothetically "what would it be like if I was in a relationship with this person?" but would feel uncomfortable with the idea as time went on. Sure, I've fantasized about dating one of my favorite celebrity, but I mainly use them as physical models? for my curiosity and fantasies. It's a different thing, is basically what I'm saying. I tend to ramble a lot.  

And even though I feel like that is the most fitting thing to call myself, I'm finding it really hard to accept it. I don't want to be stuck in the paradox of wanting to love but not being able to love, ya know? I want to feel that flutter in my chest, I want to experience the things that my friends, books, movies, and popular songs always talk about. And, I don't know, what do you guys think about it.

TL;DR - i'm pretty sure i'm aromantic or at least gray-aro but i'm having a hella hard time trying to accept that, i feel broken and not normal, basically

Forgotten Fox

Are you sure you aren't me? Because this describe me almost too well :lol: The idea of finding someone to be with and do nice things together makes me feel happy, but I've never actually experienced any crushes, wanted to date someone in particular, or understood why it's too hard for someone to talk to someone they like. (This is also the reason why I can't tell what romantic orientation I am cause I have yet to felt any romantic feelings ;-;) But one thing I like to tell myself is that you shouldn't get too worried over it, just enjoy life as it goes. There is many forms of love(family, friends, hobbies) so don't think that because you haven't felt romantic love you are broken. Everyone is different so experience things in your own way and if you think that you're cupioromantic then that's okay. Cause you're still a normal human being filled with love <3

ConfusedButHere
4 hours ago, Forgotten Fox said:

Are you sure you aren't me? Because this describe me almost too well :lol: The idea of finding someone to be with and do nice things together makes me feel happy, but I've never actually experienced any crushes, wanted to date someone in particular, or understood why it's too hard for someone to talk to someone they like. (This is also the reason why I can't tell what romantic orientation I am cause I have yet to felt any romantic feelings ;-;) But one thing I like to tell myself is that you shouldn't get too worried over it, just enjoy life as it goes. There is many forms of love(family, friends, hobbies) so don't think that because you haven't felt romantic love you are broken. Everyone is different so experience things in your own way and if you think that you're cupioromantic then that's okay. Cause you're still a normal human being filled with love <3

Thank you so much. I'll try and remember that next time I start getting unsettled with being a cupid. It'll be hard though, you know with how often its shoved down my throat that one of the most happiest feelings is romantic love. It just feels like...I'm missing out on a "natural human feeling," as many like to call it. 

Archived