• Announcements

• Kisa the Cat

World Watch Archiving Project

Hello everyone, Please read this thread before posting to World Watch Thank you.
    • S.Kellyton

New Team members Needed--Moderator, Declass, and Project Team: Voting   04/27/17

Voting has started. See:   http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/162280-new-project-team-member-needed-director-of-social-media-voting/     http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/162282-new-moderator-member-needed-tea-and-sympathy-and-welcome-lounge-voting/   http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/162281-new-declass-team-member-needed-voting/  
    • Kisa the Cat

Avenues PRIDE Special - Summer 2017   05/09/17

Hello AVENites! The newest edition of AVENues is now ready! July/August/September
patronusmagic

A place for research requests

patronusmagic   
patronusmagic

HI.

I think there should be a special place /category just for people who want help with their research, so that people who are interested in taking part can easely find it. Creating a special folder for research requests would make it easyer for both researshers and people who want to take part.

If there is already such a folder then I have managed to miss it.

patronusmagic   
patronusmagic
29 minutes ago, Fioryn said:

There's an existing forum for it. It's hidden in Welcome > Announcements > Research Requests and Studies.

okey, so could it mayb be un-hidden? :) 

timewarp   
timewarp
9 hours ago, patronusmagic said:

okey, so could it mayb be un-hidden? :) 

What do you mean by unhidden? You should be able to see it. You can also reply to requests. The fact that you cannot post a new thread there is fully on purpose, because recruiting participants for research needs approval according to our Rules for Researchers and Students.

To be clear, posting research requests elsewhere on the forum without approval is also against the rules.

SpoopyWorld   
SpoopyWorld
On 10/7/2017 at 3:21 AM, timewarp said:

What do you mean by unhidden? You should be able to see it. You can also reply to requests. The fact that you cannot post a new thread there is fully on purpose, because recruiting participants for research needs approval according to our Rules for Researchers and Students.

To be clear, posting research requests elsewhere on the forum without approval is also against the rules.

Not completely sure what the OP meant by "unhidden", but perhaps they mean as the forum should be as its own, rather than a subforum. It's been brought up before and goes more in detail:

I feel like it might still be relevant.

timewarp   
timewarp

Good point @SpoopyWorld. My personal opinion is that the subforum works fine. If you look at the number of views, by now they are pretty similar to those of old requests in Announcements. What I do notice is that requests with a very specific topic sometimes get less views than those with a more generic one. @sea-lemon, what do you think?

patronusmagic   
patronusmagic
13 hours ago, SpoopyWorld said:

Not completely sure what the OP meant by "unhidden", but perhaps they mean as the forum should be as its own, rather than a subforum.

This is exactly what I meant :)