Am I asexual?

PossiblyAsexual

PossiblyAsexual

Hi, I’m new here. I’m here because I’m 16 years old and just as all my friends are getting girlfriends and boyfriends and losing their virginities, nothing could be further from my mind. I’ve had two partners, a boy and a gender fluid person, and both times I’ve been emotionally attracted to them but kissing just feels bleh, and led to me breaking up with them. I’ve never really liked physical contact so it might be that? But like I’ve definitely had feelings for these people and I can definitely objectively experience attraction, but the physicality of it is zilch.  Am I asexual, or just a late bloomer? Thanks to anyone for helping. 

@PossiblyAsexual You could be asexual, or you might just not be ready for that yet. No one can really answer that for you but yourself, and I wouldn't trust anyone who tries to tell you what you are.

Sexuality is fluid, so there is the possibility (though it's rare) that an asexual person could become sexual eventually. Or not. (There is also the possibility of sexual people turning asexual, too.)

If you feel like labeling yourself as asexual for right now because you feel like it suits you, go ahead. If someday you find that the label "asexual" isn't right anymore, that's perfectly fine because things can change.