Asexual, Aromantic, Pansexual?

obliviousmeteor

obliviousmeteor

In the past I’ve already come out as Asexual Aromatic, but recently I’ve been very confused about what gender person I would want to spend my life with. I’ve basically come the the conclusion that I don’t care what gender they are in a relationship. But I still don’t know what to call this because I see many people saying being Ace, Aro, and Pan isn’t a thing? I want to say i’m all three but people keep saying I can’t. Any help?

obliviousmeteor
4 minutes ago, Yato said:

You can be panasthetic, which means you could be in a relationship with any kind of person. So you can be Ace, Aro, and Panasthetic. 

4 minutes ago, Yato said:

You can be panasthetic, which means you could be in a relationship with any kind of person. So you can be Ace, Aro, and Panasthetic. 

I’ve thought about being panaesthetic but I thought that never really suited me since it’s basically being able to appreciate the beauty of their looks. I’ve always thought of my relationships being more of an emotional attraction and not an aesthetic attraction.

2 minutes ago, obliviousmeteor said:

I’ve thought about being panaesthetic but I thought that never really suited me since it’s basically being able to appreciate the beauty of their looks. I’ve always thought of my relationships being more of an emotional attraction and not an aesthetic attraction.

So you desire an emotional relationship, and you don't mind what kind of person you are with? 

obliviousmeteor
Just now, Yato said:

So you desire an emotional relationship, and you don't mind what kind of person you are with? 

Yes, I think of it as who would I want to spend the rest of my life with, as in what gender person I would spend my life with. And to me it doesn’t matter their gender identity.

1 minute ago, obliviousmeteor said:

Yes, I think of it as who would I want to spend the rest of my life with, as in what gender person I would spend my life with. And to me it doesn’t matter their gender identity.

Then it would still be Pan/Asexual. 

Desire is separate from orientation I believe. But dont quote me :P

obliviousmeteor
13 minutes ago, Yato said:

Then it would still be Pan/Asexual. 

Desire is separate from orientation I believe. But dont quote me :P

Ok thanks. I was pretty sure that’s what it was but I had many people putting doubts in my head.

Just now, obliviousmeteor said:

Ok thanks. I was pretty sure that’s what it was but I had many people putting doubts in my head.

Just go with what you feel is right, because there are many different opinions on just about everything. :P 

Also, Welcome to AVEN :cake: 

obliviousmeteor
9 minutes ago, Yato said:

Just go with what you feel is right, because there are many different opinions on just about everything. :P 

Also, Welcome to AVEN :cake: 

Thanks!

• Like 1
weijiangling

I think the confusion there is the repeated "sexual" suffix, with pansexual indicating sexual interest in everyone and asexual indicating no one. It just seems like an odd mix. If you're wanting to attach the "pan" to an emotional label it might be some form of romantic? I'm not sure, but there's a giant list of romantic orientations over here to see if something in there maybe fits. "pan" is one of those things you can stuff in the middle of other words to just tack on that gender doesn't matter. (I called myself demipansexual for a while before I realised demisexual didn't seem quite right for me).

That said, define terms however you want, since everyone's got their own take on whatever label they happen to be using. Just because a combination sounds weird doesn't mean it can't be a thing.

obliviousmeteor
10 minutes ago, weijiangling said:

I think the confusion there is the repeated "sexual" suffix, with pansexual indicating sexual interest in everyone and asexual indicating no one. It just seems like an odd mix. If you're wanting to attach the "pan" to an emotional label it might be some form of romantic? I'm not sure, but there's a giant list of romantic orientations over here to see if something in there maybe fits. "pan" is one of those things you can stuff in the middle of other words to just tack on that gender doesn't matter. (I called myself demipansexual for a while before I realised demisexual didn't seem quite right for me).

That said, define terms however you want, since everyone's got their own take on whatever label they happen to be using. Just because a combination sounds weird doesn't mean it can't be a thing.

I suppose my take on how the pansexual label applies to me is not the sexual or romantic attraction to people regardless of gender, but more on the aspect of an emotional attraction regardless of gender identity. As in gender identity is not a determining factor in my relationships.