I am tired of lying

I found out I was asexual about a year ago and ,don’t get me wrong, I love the fact that I discovered it, but I just don’t want to lie about the way I feel anymore. When I hang out with my friends they only talk about boys and when they ask for my opinion I just don’t know what to say, I can either say I agree with whatever they are saying or be honest and say I find boys gross (which leads to criticism and a huge argument about how I haven’t met the right person and such, you know what I am talking about). 

So if any of you has gone through this, please help, at least I’ll know I am not alone. 🍰

Hello and welcome to the AVEN forums, Dius. Have some cake :cake: :-)

I haven't personally gone through this, but I'm sure others will post soon. As some alternatives:

3. You could say that you're not interested in "any of them", without mentioning that you find them gross.

4. You could say yourself that you haven't met the right one yet.

The latter would take the wind out of arguments that you haven't met the right person yet :-) My recommendation for the arguments is: don't contradict. Tell them they're right, and you haven't met the right person yet. You don't have to insist that you're not interested in ever meeting the right person. That's a topic for another day, when you're among close friends who are willing to accept you.

• Like 2