Targeted Dreams

RhuinHruda

Here's the scenario:

For all of 2018, all mankind has the chance to, exactly once, send one other person a bad dream. You can pick one night out of that year and send someone a nightmare.

- It has to be someone you have an impactful connection with and know personally, in some sense. Like it could be the person who cut you off in traffic and made you dump coffee on your shirt. But it can't be the Cheeto in command, even if you once met him at a convention two years ago (unless you overheard him making secret plans to melt Antarctica or such). I imagine y'all understand my intention.

- You get to determine what dream you send someone.

Here are the questions, to answer any, all or none:

1. First, would you send someone a nightmare?

2. Who would you send it to and why? An enemy? A family member? A neighbor with a really annoying dog.

3. What would you send? Something you hope scares them? Something to remind them how they wronged you? 

4. Do you think this opportunity could be used to help someone grow or deal with a lingering issue?

5. For the night you send the dream, any particular reason you'd pick that day?

And on the flipside:

1. Who would send you a nightmare?

Guest Deus Ex Infinity

1. Yes

2. Enemy & Neighbour

3. Something scaring and annoying. A stigmatzing reminder for not to mess around with me.

4. Possibly

5. A day when they would have to catch up lots of sleep due to an important date the next morning

Flipside

1. Not at this this moment.

18 minutes ago, Deus Ex Infinity said:

1. Not at this this moment.

What about from the past?

Guest Deus Ex Infinity
1 hour ago, RhuinHruda said:

What about from the past?

In this case - yes. There might definitedly be someone.  She used to be a very good friend but became my arch enemy last year.

1. Yes

2. The people I hate 

3. The truth of what a real monster is and something that will make them shiver in fear when they realize that once they fall asleep again it may just appear once more 

4. Not a clue. 

5. Send it the day before something big so they get shook up. 

1. Probably 

1. Yes

2. My SO, to get their shit straight. 

3. Something to scare them, to make them appreciate what they have. 

4. yes

5. Don't mind when.

On the flip side:

I am sure people would send me dreams about me being an asshole. 

• 2 weeks later...
⚸ Hughesation ⚸

1. Certainly

2. There was a b*****d I went to high school with, didn't know him personally or do anything to him, he just took pleasure in physically attacking me whenever be saw me; twice he hit me with doors, once punched me in the gut when I walked past, tried to knock me down a flight of stairs twice, assaulted me when I had a broken wrist and tattled like a b***h when I kicked him through the double doors... I almost got kicked out of prom for threatening to sock him one, but the time he tried to set me on fire took the biscuit. I'd get him good...

3. Since the little psycho loved fire, he'd get to see the people in his life burn, followed by him catching fire to the same crowd of laughing idiots that thought it would be funny if I burned... 

4. Heck yes; hence the dream I'm sending!

5. Doesn't matter, but the next tine he played with fire would be great.

And on the flipside: I don't think anyone who disliked me cared enough about my existence, unless they were trying to big themselves up... If nobody else sees the nightmare, then there is no point wasting it on me...

1) probably not

2-3/5) have no clue who I would want to give a bad dream to or why.. 

4) yes..

flipside

1) I have no clue.. 

Nah, can't be bothered. Too many people I'd want to torture with a horrific nightmare. 

1. Sure.
  2. My judgemental neighbor, who treats me and my family badly.
  3. Get this, non stop strobe light effects where the dream looks like the Take On Me music video. Sounds pretty horrible, right?
  4. No, I just think it'd be funny, and I don't like this person so that's good enough for me.
  5. Nope,

I don't think I'm mean enough to ill-wish other people, even people who have done me wrong^^ 

Besides, I go by the motto "don't do to others what you don't want done to yourself" and I hate having nightmares so i won't be sending nightmares to anyone...

On the other hand I can imagine that some people from my past would want to send me nightmares...

Archived