Am I Lithromantic/Akoiromantic

TheEmoUnicorn

TheEmoUnicorn

So to start this off, I want to say that I don't know much about this topic. All I know is the basic definition. So, that aside, here is how I feel. I have had many crushes over the years. I have a crush now and when my friend said that I need to tell him, I panicked. I wanted him to know so I could know how he felt, but I didn't want him to like me back, but because that is not "normal" to feel about a crush, so I pushed it aside. I kept trying to convince my friends and myself that he was just a squish, not a crush, but that didn't feel right. Then I came across the term lith/akoiromantic. At first, I didn't think it fit, since I still was trying to convince myself that I had a squish, not a crush. Then, as I tried to think of us ever getting into a romantic relationship,  I felt weird. I was thinking about other times this had happened. When I was In 2nd grade, I liked a boy and he liked me back. When he told me he wanted me to be his girlfriend I said no. I was too young. Then I stopped feeling as lovey-dovey towards him. As a Christmas gift, he gave me a ring. I panicked. It felt weird and wrong. I never felt romantically towards him ever again and moved on to a different crush. My new crush found out and never told me how he felt, so I stayed feeling the same. Then I realized he liked me too, only too late, but the feeling was still slightly there. But I wasn't going to his school anymore so there was no possibility of it progressing. So, to summarise, I feel crushes, but when they like me back or I start to imagine a relationship with them, it feels really wrong. Plus, I don't hate the idea of relationships, in theory, I just wouldn't like it if they were applied to me. Some of my friends have boyfriends and I can't help but feel uncomfortable when they mention it. Even saying the word boyfriend feels wrong. So, am I? Just typing these things makes it all feel way more real.  HELP ME PLEASE.

Moved from Questions about Asexuality to Romantic and Aromantic Orientations.

TheAP

Questions about Asexuality co-mod

I don't know the answer to your question. maybe someone else does?

I think you might be lithro. That, or there's some sort of thing deeper than a squish going on. I've been looking for a term that's deeper and stronger than squish to describe someone in my life that isn't a crush...

I honestly think you may be lithro as well. ^ 

I actually experience this exact same thing - maybe not the exact same thing, but pretty darn close. It's kinda weird because when you think about a crush, you'd expect the person to actually want their crush to like them back, but for me, everything suddenly becomes weird and uncomfortable.

Ahh I'm glad to know I'm not the only one experiencing this haha.

Archived