Shall I tell her?

Guest Deus Ex Infinity

Guest Deus Ex Infinity

So,  I'm totally sure that I'm demigray but don't know if I  should come out to my oldest sister anytime since I guess she would be the only one to really care about it.  I don't have much contact  to my family in general due to personal issues but still manage to see them for Christmas or special events once in a while (every 1-3 years).

I know that it's not a "must" or something but it just feels like having a "dark secret"  when talking to her on the phone sometimes. It was hard enough to deal with my first coming out in 2003 but this might be too much to accept.

I'm the black sheep but don't wanna loose her or anyone else of my relatives completely, even if there's nothing much left to loose anyway. Guess i'm kinda lost this time.

Any advise or thoughts?

What would you do in my place?

If it's really bothering you so much you should tell her. But I would reccoment doing something that important in person, so she doesn't just hang up without listening to everything you have to say. 

In the end, if she's already accepted you for something else and you're already considered the 'black sheep' of the family then what have you got to lose? 

• Like 2
Ruru+Saphhy=Garnet

@Lichley is right.

If it's bothering you so much, you should tell her. :)

Though here are one thing to think about:

• What are her views on LGBT+ folks? Is it positive? Negative? Indifferent? I ask this because if she has negative views on lgbt+ folks, she may not take you being demigray very well. If she has positive to indifferent views towards lgbt+ folks, then she may be okay with you being demigray.

Lichley is right, talking to your sis in person may be the best route to take if you decide to come out.

If your sis accepts you for being the black sheep of the family, then I'm pretty sure she'll be okay with you being demigray.

Do what you feel is right, I'll support you either way :) 💖 Good luck!

Guest Deus Ex Infinity

Thank you all very much. While I might not be able to meet up with her in person ( due to mendical treatment restriction) I will send her a detailed info package on demi-/asexuality for Christmas this year, explaining my real identity to her as best as possible. She's always been pretty fine with my GLBT orientation before so I hope it will work out this time as  well.

My other sister's totally against GLBT and my brother doesn't really care at all in the sense of taking a rather neutral position inbetween. I'm just scared that they might just see it as another "phase" I'm going through right now, without being too serious about it but yeah.... There's always a little risk in everything.

I'll start collection material for the package soon.