I have never had a wet dream. Is this weird?

JanuaryDaisy

So, I’ve never had a wet dream (as far as I can remember obviously) but I still have a libido (a very smol one).  Is this unusual?  Do many asexuals experience wet dreams? Xxx

9 minutes ago, Yato said:

I would say it's normal, asexual or not. 

I get some if I dream of my fetish. Which is nice, because I can't get that feeling while awake usually.

That’s super interesting!  Do you think that there are sexual people who don’t experience wet dreams?

7 minutes ago, Serran said:

Not all people experience them. Especially if they masturbate regularly or otherwise take care of their libido while awake. 

Okay cool, I guess I’m just one of those people.  Interestingly, I don’t masturbate at all so I don’t know if that’s related in my case but v interesting regardless xx

15 minutes ago, Annie9 said:

I have never experienced it and i don't masturbate either.

Thank you :) Good to know I’m not alone xx

nah, you're young.... eventually....  I believe that I was in my 30's the first time.... (although, perhaps I do not remember any longer ago....)

Well... it's the least weird thing I've heard today. 

Asexual or not, some certainly never, or rarely, experience wet dreams. Sexual people that have an "outlet" for their libido, for example, have less to worry about where wet dreams are concerned. I don't think it means anything one way or the other. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, JanuaryDaisy said:

So, I’ve never had a wet dream (as far as I can remember obviously) but I still have a libido (a very smol one).  Is this unusual?  Do many asexuals experience wet dreams? Xxx

I don't either, and I guess I never really questioned not having them. Guess this a normal occurrence for others **Shrug**. This is interesting, I end up dying in like 65% of my dreams though so like, not a great trade off I guess.

TLDR: Me Neither **Shrug**

Don't worry, I've never had one, too and maybe it is because I have a very low libido. Don't know. But, no, it's not unusual :) 

2 hours ago, JanuaryDaisy said:

That’s super interesting!  Do you think that there are sexual people who don’t experience wet dreams?

If they don't remember their dreams, and they cannot recall then maybe. I think you might have them Reguardless, you just might not remember.

Like other people have said, I think this is something that naturally varies a lot between specific people so probably everything is pretty normal. Personally, I have occasional dreams that include sexual content but the vast majority of those have actually been actively unpleasant, like I wasn't even enjoying anything in the context of the dream itself. I was so grateful for the one I can remember that actually seemed nice.

10 minutes ago, Yato said:

If they don't remember their dreams, and they cannot recall then maybe. I think you might have them Reguardless, you just might not remember.

Imma actually second Yato here though. Honestly knowing my subconscious I probably do have them, and they are probably just so boring I don't even remember them. I mean considering I can, and literally have, fallen asleep during romance movie sex scenes, that wouldn't surprise me at all.

I didn't know that women could have wet dreams. I'd only ever heard of males having them, particularly sexual males.

https://splinternews.com/yes-women-orgasm-in-their-sleep-science-explains-why-1793848564

I don't remember ever having wet dreams or dreaming about sex; almost all of my dreams were usually nightmares. I don't really remember having many nice dreams; perhaps two were positive nice dreams, but I don't think they were wet dreams: they weren't sexual.

This looks interesting.

https://asexualsexologist.wordpress.com/2011/05/03/do-asexuals-have-sex-fantasies-my-answer-input-welcome/

Here are more responses from members in the past; a few (asexual males, I guess? They didn't list their sexuality or romantic attractions, so I guess it's possible that some answers might've been given by heterosexuals.) said that they experienced wet dreams.

I think it'd be interesting to have research done on whether there are differences in the amount of wet dreams, or a lack of them, between asexuals: aromantic versus grayromantic, versus demisexual, etc. (i.e. whether that's another key clue that could help asexuals figure out their romantic or aromantic orientations: Are aromantics less likely to experience wet dreams than the other orientations?)

• Like 1
everywhere and nowhere

I have some libido, but virtually never have dreams with sexual content. However, I have had several dreams about climbing or watching ski jumping hills - kinda shows my priorities. :lol: But in general, I have poor dream recall - usually I remember my dreams a little or not at all. Another reason why I emotionally dislike sleeping and perceive it as an unfortunate biological duty.

8 minutes ago, Nowhere Girl said:

I have some libido, but virtually never have dreams with sexual content. However, I have had several dreams about climbing or watching ski jumping hills - kinda shows my priorities. :lol: But in general, I have poor dream recall - usually I remember my dreams a little or not at all. Another reason why I emotionally dislike sleeping and perceive it as an unfortunate biological duty.

You don't like sleeping?

everywhere and nowhere

I don't. Of course I need sleep just like everybody, but I regret having to sleep. I would love to be able to rest without sleeping and spend whole nights reading, playing games, drinking tea...

17 minutes ago, Nowhere Girl said:

I don't. Of course I need sleep just like everybody, but I regret having to sleep. I would love to be able to rest without sleeping and spend whole nights reading, playing games, drinking tea...

I get that. Sometimes I just stay up almost all night to do the fun things I never have time to do during the day in a sort of "Sleep Anarchy". I never really enjoy sleeping it's more of a necessary chore that is sadly necessary.

• Like 1
weijiangling
7 hours ago, untrACEable_bAROsaur said:

I get that. Sometimes I just stay up almost all night to do the fun things I never have time to do during the day in a sort of "Sleep Anarchy". I never really enjoy sleeping it's more of a necessary chore that is sadly necessary.

This is me. If I want to sleep it's usually because I'm in a depressive slump and everything else just seems equally pointless.

It's not all that weird; some people just don't have certain dreams. I get them on rare occasions. I usually have some terrible nightmares about dying in some horrific way so even if the dreams are sexual in nature, I'd much rather deal with that than getting stabbed or shot. If anything, they're an interesting glance into a life that'll never be.

I never had wet dreams, but I had dreams were I was a happy lesbian girl in a relationship and sex did happen. However, I can never picture the act. I just know what's happening due to the circumstances. The dream was more about me being in a relationship, while not really being in love with the person, but building an intimate and caring relationship where both could be happy. 

I also had a rape dream where I ended up dead, stabbed by the rapist. 

They were never wet dreams, but had sexuals acts in it. 

19 hours ago, Yato said:

I think you might have them Reguardless, you just might not remember.

One doesn't have to remember wet dreams to know one had them. Because, you know... there is a wetness. ;-)

JanuaryDaisy
19 hours ago, cinary said:

Don't worry, I've never had one, too and maybe it is because I have a very low libido. Don't know. But, no, it's not unusual :) 

Thank You ❤️❤️❤️ This is all making me feel really reassured!

JanuaryDaisy
19 hours ago, untrACEable_bAROsaur said:

Imma actually second Yato here though. Honestly knowing my subconscious I probably do have them, and they are probably just so boring I don't even remember them. I mean considering I can, and literally have, fallen asleep during romance movie sex scenes, that wouldn't surprise me at all.

Actually, yeah, that’s totally plausible! 

JanuaryDaisy
22 minutes ago, roland.o said:

One doesn't have to remember wet dreams to know one had them. Because, you know... there is a wetness. ;-)

Haha!  Pretty sure the only wet I’ve woken up as is sweaty tbh