I have never had a wet dream. Is this weird?

JanuaryDaisy

JanuaryDaisy
5 hours ago, JusTopi said:

I never had wet dreams, but I had dreams were I was a happy lesbian girl in a relationship and sex did happen. However, I can never picture the act. I just know what's happening due to the circumstances. The dream was more about me being in a relationship, while not really being in love with the person, but building an intimate and caring relationship where both could be happy. 

I also had a rape dream where I ended up dead, stabbed by the rapist. 

They were never wet dreams, but had sexuals acts in it. 

I think I actually may have had similar ones to these dreams too!! The first one you mentioned sounds completely adorable!

• Like 1
J. van Deijck

I have never had any either, and I must admit it was weird for me when people were talking about dreams they had. simply because it has never happened to me.

I get them.  They're annoying.

Honestly knowing my subconscious I probably do have them, and they are probably just so boring I don't even remember them.

You honestly can't just not know you've gotten one.  It's akin to wetting the bed; even if you manage to sleep right through it (which I never have, but maybe others can), you'll notice it when you wake up.

10 minutes ago, Philip027 said:

You honestly can't just not know you've gotten one.  It's akin to wetting the bed; even if you manage to sleep right through it (which I never have, but maybe others can), you'll notice it when you wake up.

Not if you have a vagina :P I would only notice an orgasm during one, not after. There isn't really any "clean up" to do after. And, it'd be easy to pass off any wetness as discharge, tbh. 

I've had a couple in my lifetime, I don't know what the dreams were about - I don't remember my dreams, but I woke up from the muscle contractions. *shrug* 

Not if you have a vagina :P I would only notice an orgasm during one, not after. There isn't really any "clean up" to do after.

Then it's not a wet dream.

The term is kinda self-explanatory.  Dreams of a sexual nature aren't necessarily wet dreams.  For that matter, wet dreams aren't necessarily of a sexual nature, either... I've experienced plenty in both of these groups.

8 minutes ago, Philip027 said:

Then it's not a wet dream.

The term is kinda self-explanatory.  Dreams of a sexual nature aren't necessarily wet dreams.  For that matter, wet dreams aren't necessarily of a sexual nature, either... I've experienced plenty in both of these groups.

"A nocturnal emission, informally known as a wet dream, is a spontaneous orgasm during sleep that includes ejaculation for a male, or vaginal wetness or an orgasm (or both) for a female."

Orgasm for people with a penis = lots of mess to clean up due to ejaculate

Orgasm for people with a vagina = varies, but for many, there won't be much mess with orgasm

"For women, the experience is less “wet” but still intense. The sexual dreams may lead to vaginal lubrication and orgasms (often called nocturnal orgasms). They can happen during adolescence and throughout adulthood."

http://www.issm.info/sexual-health-qa/do-women-have-wet-dreams/

I'm very glad that I've never experienced this (and I didn't know it was even possible for female-bodied people).

TheCatBehind

I had some sexual dreams, though I never had the wet part lol Last I remember was sometime during last winter lol

TheCatBehind
3 hours ago, Serran said:

This made me laugh way more than it should have XD Guess I'm still an 18yo boy after all xd

Glad you said that you didn't know women had them @sg06 I was beginning to feel solely uninformed.

Haven't had one for years. I wake up in time for it not to happen. I think my body's trained itself to do that over time sleeping with partners and not wanting to be embarrassed.

4 hours ago, Serran said:

"A nocturnal emission, informally known as a wet dream, is a spontaneous orgasm during sleep that includes ejaculation for a male, or vaginal wetness or an orgasm (or both) for a female."

Orgasm for people with a vagina = varies, but for many, there won't be much mess with orgasm

"For women, the experience is less “wet” but still intense. The sexual dreams may lead to vaginal lubrication and orgasms (often called nocturnal orgasms). They can happen during adolescence and throughout adulthood."

http://www.issm.info/sexual-health-qa/do-women-have-wet-dreams/

Thanks for the link, Serran! it's enlightening.

From Serran's link.

...Unfortunately, women’s orgasms during sleep have not been widely studied....

I guess that's part of the reason why I didn't grow up hearing about this: it wasn't taught in my sex ed class, nor did my female classmates or friends ever mention having wet dreams.

I imagine it might be a little challenging for women and scientists who might want to study womens' wet dreams to tell whether women have had one or whether the wetness is from their monthly, ovulation, hormonal cycle.

Again, from Serran's link:

...But women should not worry if they have nocturnal orgasms or not. If they occur, that’s normal. If they don’t happen, that’s normal, too....

I'm curious to know whether sexual women are more likely to experience wet dreams than asexual women. If asexual women are not as likely to experience them, then a scientific study of that might help women who are questioning and unsure of whether they're asexual or just a "sexual late bloomer." If I'd known that there was something else I wasn't experiencing that was normal for women to experience, I might've felt more comfortable and confident labeling myself as an asexual, sooner.

What I experience during sleep I couldn't really call an orgasm, it just has... the end result.  It's nothing I would label as "intense" even; it's literally just like wetting the bed, just with something else.

I still say that if it doesn't make a mess, it's not really a *wet* dream.  Women that experience nocturnal orgasms but don't get the mess don't really understand the full scope of the experience and how much of a bother it is.