The idea pleases me...

I know I am asexual. Despite this, the thought of laying skin to skin, flesh to flesh with someone I love romantically (but this lying together is utterly nonsexual), perhaps falling asleep next to them, is a very comforting thought to me. Obviously this isn't sexual desire, but it seems to cross the border of romance...or perhaps it hasn't. What I'm trying to ask is, what kind of attraction is this? An aspect of romantic? Some other word I need to add to my growing vocabulary? 

- Ejmn (EH-m)

Sensual attraction maybe? The attraction for touch with a specific person?

1 hour ago, quietcrayon said:

Sensual attraction maybe? The attraction for touch with a specific person?

That's what I'd say too! Doesn't seem to fit with any other attraction types.

While I'm sympathetic to the idea of understanding, does it matter how it's classified? 

Personally, I'd say it's romantic- or even platonic. We've wrapped nudity up with sex, but I don't believe it's always the case. Newborns lay on their parents, skin to skin- there is nothing sexual, but it is bonding. I think naked cuddles can fall under the romance or platonic category.

I'd say it's along the lines of sensual attraction. I can say that I would probably enjoy the same thing with someone I liked (though in my case there's at least going to be underwear involved). I enjoy the idea of cuddling (though I am still a cuddle-virgin), and doing it without (most) clothes simply increases the amount of tactile contact you can have with the other person. Your mind phases out the feel of clothing, but with nothing in the way all it has to register is the presence of someone you adore.