Still trying to turn off that internet I see...

Nanoic

Those damn loser terrorists!  They make me so mad, I could spit!

RoseGoesToYale

But if he cuts off the internet... won't he not be able to tweet?

Is he, or is he a computer simulation created by the CIA? :P

RoseGoesToYale
16 hours ago, Skycaptain said:

Is he, or is he a computer simulation created by the CIA? :P

If he is, that means he's a fake president. But then the fake president hates fake news, and if someone who's fake hate's something that's fake, then... wouldn't that make him real by denying fakeness?

I forgot how to logic...

Shutting the internet off means no more tweets from him, or would we only be able to see just his tweets....Nah I will pass

Are you guys responding seriously, or do you not realize that you can disable the internet in certain parts of the world? Even an entire country's internet could be cut off. Phones are another thing, but phone coverage is pretty shit in some countries. Having only land lines, and no high speed would greatly impact social media there. 

Trump means dismantle the internet in the middle east, where the problems lie. They can rebuild it once its stable. A small EMP could wipe out half of Europe's internet pretty easily. 

Good luck trying to dismantle this?

Spoiler

Map of submarine cables

OSjCemZ.png

I guess you could also just take down the ISPs. But how hard would it be to just start up another one?

You can't just disable the internet for parts of the world, and expect that to solve the world's problems. Terrorists will still find a way to connect, and now you just destroyed a valuable resources for innocent citizens.

You want to stop terrorism? Cutting internet off for the particular organisations isn't a bad shout. Better option though is to cut off phone network access for these. You break down thier lines of communication, you make it a ton harder to plan stuff.

Eventually you'll have to do the only option that will actually stop them. Ban thier religious heresy and execute them.

So how are you to cut off their communication? Bomb all tele lines? Put up permament electronical warfare units? 

I wouldn't put anything past the current POTUS 

If you cut off internet access, it'll just make the USA look like the big bad bullies trying to stifle the underdog revolutionists. Oh hello, more propaganda fuel. It'll just backfire.

The internet is a mirror of humanity. It can be an amazing thing, or a horrible thing. I can't vouch for internet censorship, no matter how vile some parts can get. Cutting off access would also mean cutting off a channel of freedom to people who desperately need that avenue. It's a double-edged sword.

A better solution is to fight the core of the problem - terrorists use emotions of fear and anger to propel themselves, use emotions of resolute courage and sympathetic love to show they are in the wrong. Efforts to silence people only make their will stronger.

Archived