LGBT+ for Dummies Book

Sean_Bird

Howdy!

I'm in the process of writing/illustrating/designing a book that I hope will help the average person understand the LGBT+ community. (that includes aro/ace!) It'll hopefully be a relatively simple book, and by that I mean that it won't go into too much detail for every identity, but rather give a very general summary of them and a little cartoon to help the reader understand them.  For each identity I'll have resources available so that the reader can look them up in more detail on their own, if they'd like to learn more.

Ideally, I'd like to make the book free, or at least at a very low cost so that everyone can afford it. I've been thinking about creating a kickstarter to help me finish it sooner, that way I can spend more time on it and hopefully get it out there sooner. (I'm in the US, and considering how much political turmoil there is with the community, I'd like to get this book out there as soon as possible)

I illustrated a separate book about endangered green sea turtles and have quite a few projects going- on top of job searching. With or without a kickstarter I'm going to be working on the lgbt+ book, but it'll be slow going, especially when I *hopefully* get a job.

So I guess I'm looking for advice: does anyone think that this would be worthwhile to bring to kickstarter? Do you think that a lot of people would fund something like this? Here's my website with examples of my artwork and designs: https://mischieviousfairie.wixsite.com/kfutterwacken

Sidenote: I'm genderfluid, asexual, and demiromantic. I've spent most of my life researching gender to try and understand the concept, and then also a lot of my life trying to understand sexuality and romantic orientations. For gender I've got a pretty good grasp on the major concepts and for sexuality I know enough to explain it in hopefully simplistic terms that anyone can understand.

Your drawings are adorable, and I love the 3D pieces! And the book sounds like a great idea.

24 minutes ago, ChillaKilla said:

Your drawings are adorable, and I love the 3D pieces! And the book sounds like a great idea.

Yay! Thanks! :D

Ruru+Saphhy=Garnet

I agree with Chillakilla! The book sounds like a  lovely idea!

And your art is great!

1 minute ago, Ruru+Saphhy=Garnet said:

I agree with Chillakilla! The book sounds like a  lovely idea!

And your art is great!

Thanks! :D

• 4 weeks later...

If you can't commit to a domain and hosting at least get on Behance. You're really holding yourself back by having your professional site on Wix. If you can commit to hosting, let me know, I know a few offering deals. ;) 

Archived