Hi there.

AnalogWizard

I've been reading the forums for a couple weeks and decided to sign up to participate in discussions. I'm not sure what the heck my sexual orientation is but I identify more with the asexual spectrum than any of the sexual ones. It was quite an epiphany to read the overview and general FAQ on the main site and be like 'oh shit I think that's me'. 

I'm new to figuring out this crazy asexuality thing but I'm glad to have found this site and gotten the opportunity to learn more about myself. 

Welcome! Everyone is welcome here at AVEN. Take your time to discover what your sexuality is, instead of jumping straight to the first label you see (or do if it's that accurate) take your time to learn a few of the words. These might help.

https://secondlina.deviantart.com/art/Sketchcomic-types-of-Attraction-298804729

http://life-of-an-asexual.tumblr.com/post/102762643654/desires-for-relations-based-on-types-of-attraction

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tQVvVhe6EPc

c3.jpg

Thank you for the cake and the links.

I saw that video last week and it was very helpful. Right now I feel confidant that I fall somewhere (not sure where) in between asexual and sexual, that's why I put up gray ace. Would it be more appropriate to wait until I feel confidant with a more specific label?

Your choice. You can choose whatever label you like, and change it later if another feels more appropriate. Don't rush into into it, just be yourself. The asexual community is all about openness, communication, and self-discovery. No one would judge you if you found something that suited you better later on and changed it.

It's part of why I'm so confident to call myself asexual - at this exact moment in time I have experienced 0 sexual attraction, thus I am asexual until proven otherwise. If proven otherwise I can just change my label and continue on my merry way, no big deal.

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

Image result for cake

Archived