is there sth like "friendship crush"?

IlovePUNcakes

not a squish bc if I understand well a squish is when you like (crush) somebody romantically but not sexually. I'm talking about somebody who I feel special about but I don't wanna be in a relationship with them, neither to have sex with them. I just feel like she's the best person in the whole wide world and I want to be around her all the time and I want the best for her. but I do not want to have a relationship.

29 minutes ago, IlovePUNcakes said:

not a squish bc if I understand well a squish is when you like (crush) somebody romantically but not sexually. I'm talking about somebody who I feel special about but I don't wanna be in a relationship with them, neither to have sex with them. I just feel like she's the best person in the whole wide world and I want to be around her all the time and I want the best for her. but I do not want to have a relationship.

Yep! I thought a squash was romantic, squish was platonic, and crush was sexual (but isn't always used that way).

not a squish bc if I understand well a squish is when you like (crush) somebody romantically but not sexually.

Nuuuuu.  Crushes are "and/or romantic" too.  Otherwise the phrase "childhood crush" takes on a really creepy meaning.

Squishes are the platonic/friendship crush you describe.

A shard of glass

Yeah, they're a thing!

For me I get squishes that eventually (provided that the "candidate"/"victim"/"whatever you want to call them XD" is suitable and things go well) become crushes :3

It's like "I wanna be friends">"I wanna date">"I wanna do all the things" Oh, it happens in that order XD but not necessarily so strict to those stages, it's a slow and strange process for me :3 But that doesn't meant that I don't enjoy the experience :P 

Thank you for explaining this to me :)

Archived