Hurricane part 2: Maria

MelMart

Hi everyone! 
Last topic I posted was about how hurricane Irma was going to pass through Puerto Rico. Fortunately, Irma went up north and the effects weren't devestating for our island. The parts that suffered were getting help.
Now it's another story.
We're about to face Maria, a category 5 hurricane that's going to pass straight through us with an intensity and magnitude that we haven't seen in almost 100 years. The effects will last about 30 hours. All we can do is go to a safe place and hope for the best.

Again, I'm just typing this to blow off some steam, to inform the community all around the world and ask you all to please keep us in your thoughts. 
If you have family or friends over here, know that this is very serious and you should keep your eyes on them.

I'll be back <3 

**If you know someone in Puerto Rico to whom this upcoming event has caused uncontrollable anxiety, depression or lack of control of emotions, you can call the ASSMCA PAS line (1-800-981-0023), available 24 hours a day , Everyday of the year. It is important that in times like this, these people feel support. **

Lonemathsytoothbrushthief

I hope you stay safe and manage to stick with family/friends. Best of luck though I know this is scary af for Puerto Rico :(

Thank you all for your support. <3 <3 
I am in a safe spot already, now all I can do is be patient.

4 minutes ago, Serran said:

Stay safe. We just started recovering in Florida from Irma. Sturdy building and lots of bottled water! 

A lot of people didn't Even finish recovering for Irma and now have to face Maria :/ 
I hope Florida doesn't have to go through Maria. Thank you, much strength to you!

Yeah I'm from Puerto Rico too and I lost the power for a week and a half when Irma happened, this is definitely looking like it'll be worse so we'll see how it goes. Hope you and the people close to you are okay. 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived