Are you a nice person?

nothinbuttrouble

Am I a nice person? I'm stuck in a world dominated by sexual obsessed with fucking eachother who fuck me over metaphorically because I won't have sex.

I'm a nice person, everyone else is a bunch of assholes.

In real life? Genuinely nice? For the most part, no. Unless I know the person well enough, it's pretty much just indifference combined with politeness. From experience, most people can't tell the difference anyway. As long as they're not scared to talk to me when we're dealing with things such as group projects, I can't care any less.

I suppose I can be

Narcissistic 

Impetuous 

Conceited 

Egocentric 

:P:P

Elftober Country
Just now, Skycaptain said:

I suppose I can be

Narcissistic 

Impetuous 

Conceited 

Egocentric 

:P:P

You know there's a "list your faults" thread, right? :rolleyes:

Not in the slightest, although unintentionally so. My memory is bad, so I forget things like birthdays, and my phone for birthday reminders. I'm really bad at social stuff in general, so I'm pretty sure people see me as rude / stuck up / shy or some strange mixture of all three. Plus my inferiority complex just adds to my less than friendly moods especially when I have to get up in the morning.

Nice person?  Hmm well I don't let anyone see my 'Aria Stark' list of people. So that's nice of me right? :ph34r:

Semiterrestrial Scientist

I try to be nice. Most of the time I end up being "too" nice and it ends up being kinda awkward. I can b a tiny she-devil though.

Most of the time, sure. I'm very rarely going out of my way to be mean to someone, and I enjoy being nice to people. Though, I'm also very quiet and distant, which sometimes people interpret as me being rude or mean. I'm also kinda blunt too, so I can say some stuff people find rude as well. I don't really mean it, though. It's just how I am. I also have a crude sense of humor and vocabulary. :P

I'm one of the nicest people ever. Will always honor my commitments, and when something bad happens, well it's just life.

You have to be sharp though to not enable behavior that will cause more suffering and confusion though.

Depends on the person ;P

I try to be nice most of the time. There are some days when it's really hard to do that, unfortunately, but generally I just treat people how they treat me.

I'm trying to be nice to everybody but who knows...maybe someone could think I'm not nice! :)

I'm quite a bitch to ppl I dislike or if I perceive someone acting in a way that irritates me and often I have an ego over those ppl and care not for their feelings.

However I will put myself in danger for ppl I like and I'm pretty self sacrifical so I guess I am nice in a way.

• 3 weeks later...

I have very few friends, so I assume I cannot be nice, because if I was lots of people would like me...right? :unsure:

23 minutes ago, bonny said:

I have very few friends, so I assume I cannot be nice, because if I was lots of people would like me...right? :unsure:

Not necessarily. Some people are unpopular for other reasons, like having "weird" interests, being shy, being socially awkward, etc.

I ask myself this all the time. I do nice deeds, but I don't think I'm a nice person at heart. 

Let me explain. 

I'll do nice things for people. I'll give up my time and energy to help anyone in need. I'm not mean, I make sure to be polite and not say anything that can hurt anyone's feelings. I'll do any favour that's asked of me with a smile on my face and I'll do it to the best of my ability. 

But I don't like it. 

I hate being nice to people. I wish I was selfish. I just can't say no to people. I'm a people pleaser, and I wish I can stop but I can't. I hate spending money on people, I hate having to go out of my way to do something for someone. I hate doing things for people that I don't want to do. But I can't say no. So I waste my time and money and energy and I keep my mouth shut and I plaster on that smile and do whatever people want me to do even though I'm cursing you in my mind. And it's not your fault. You're just asking for help. I'm just beating myself up because I can't say no.

So am I a nice person? Everyone I interact with says I am. They think I'm the sweetest. Calls me an angel. But am I really a nice person? I don't think so. 

J. van Deijck

I'm not even a person.

I think it depends on what people consider to be nice. 

I try to be my definition of nice.

Depends on who you are

Hermit Advocate

Meh. Sometimes I'm nice. Sometimes I'm not. 

I probably sound like a huge douchebag for saying this, but I think I'm a nice person yes.

I'm helpfull, swear with cute silly words, humble, have high moral standards, feel guilty quickly....

I hate that procastinate way too much thought.

RiseOfCourage

Had to question my "niceness level" when a friend swatted at a small fly on his forehead and the fly stuck there. I didn't say anything because...well I'm a dick for this, but wanted to see other people's reactions and then my poor friend's reaction to all the strange looks. It was funny as hell! Hmmm, humor at the expense of a friend's dignity. Not high on the nice level.

Oh but couldn't help it!

I'm a good boy! I don't do drugs, sex, or drink.

i do fairly well in school (some As and Bs)

and im generally a kind person (unless I hate said person or am in a bad mood/tired/hungry)

although I'm a fairly dense individual sooo...

SithAzathoth WinterDragon

Yes and no

Yes, because there are times when all are harsh, therefore I'll usually depending on the situation be nice.

No, because I want to prove I'm serious in cases where said person violated my personal area by asking questions I'm not going to share answers about.

Yes. To my chagrin.

I'm not nice because I want to be. I'm not nice because I want to help. I help because I need to fix things that are broken. Because there are puzzles that need to be solved. Generally, that's how it starts. It doesn't always continue that way. There are times I actually do care, but it's usually after I've already gotten involved.

Of course, saying that means: No, I'm not nice. I get involved in people's lives because I want to fix them. Not because I care but because I hate leaving a project undone. Even when I didn't start it.

But then: Yes, I am a nice person. Because after I start fixing them, I start to care. And I want their lives to be better. And I want them to be happy. And maybe I can help them get there.

But also: Once they are fixed, they require less of my attention and effort, and I can just spend time with them without needing to help them with things.

Who's to say?

im nice unless you fuck with my morals. 

Archived