Are you a nice person?

nothinbuttrouble

I'm told I'm a very kind person. I also often hear I'm a nice guy. 

I try to treat everyone with respect and kindness. I'm altruistic by nature, so genuinely love helping others. It doesn't matter to me if you're a company CEO, or a homeless person asking me for change. I'll approach and talk to you, the same way.

Obviously, with that said--my nature means some people will attempt to take advantage of my kindness. Assume its a weakness, when its actually a strength. My polite nature, tends to also have some people assume I won't boldly put them in their place, if they act disrespectfully. I'm often told I'm very humble, so again--people assume its due to a lack in confidence, or that I will stay silent if pushed. 

So, someone who has tried to take my kindness for weakness, has found out the hard way. I'll always approach you with kindness and respect. How I treat you from then on, will be up to you. 

Needless to say. Depending on the person, I've either been called a very kind person. I have as a result, also been called heartless, and an asshole. 

I'm a peaceful man, so I won't meet you halfway if you try to bring drama in my life. However, I'll show no emotion, in paying you no mind, or kicking you out of it (hence the heartless part).

In life, I have only encountered one adult (or person), to get me angry to the point of having to hold back on assaulting them. Some people unfortunately, will not respect diplomacy. You look at Obama. Some took him as soft and weak, due to this.

They only respect consequences. For such people, I tell myself, if they want to see how much fire I have inside, I'll remind them, I come from a shit environment which built my character (where you either knock someone out, or are seen as soft, and get picked on--people left me alone).

The down side, is if you manage to get under my skin (its insanely thick, so you are quite a piece of shit, if you can as am told I have the patience of a saint), you're not walking away. We're engaging, whether you want to, or not. From my experience, such types, are cowards, so then won't have the balls to look me in the eye, when I call them out.

That angers me, even worse, especially, if I gave you ample verbal warning shots, to leave me alone. I'll call you a coward to your face, if this is what you give me, after forcing me to retaliate. You know you pushed the wrong button, as I'm laughing, while insulting you, and an inch from your face, daring you to remove me (eyeing your hands and attempt at headbutting me, praying you do, to give me an excuse to use self-defense on you). Once I've shown people the consequences of pushing me, they tend to never do it, again. You teach people how to treat you. My mother raised me to always turn the other cheek. Always walk away. However, in a situation where they won't let you--and hit you first--make sure they wake up in a hospital! 

With bullies in high school, I used my wit and sense of humor, to turn tables on them if they were trying to ridicule me. I'd make sure, they were getting laughed at, even harder. That is still part of my character, if my back is against the wall. 

Long story short. I'll go out of my way, to avoid being cruel to another. However, if I'm pushed to that point, I feel no remorse. Not sure what that makes me. 

Lonemathsytoothbrushthief
7 hours ago, alpha decay said:

nah.

I speak faster than I think, so I typically say one word too much, which makes people see me as an insensitive and mean being.

however, here many people think I'm nice. I wonder why.

Ahahaha my mind doesn't keep up with my mouth either ^_^ I don't think I'm even much of a verbal thinker but can't really express what I am in that regard. Either way, you and me both...I don't know if people think I'm nice, I tend to worry excessively about offending/annoying/boring people as soon as I'm out of the loop, but I also think nice is overrated since I greatly sympathise with Stirner's egoism and individualist anarchism-I like the idea that whatever we do really is down to our ego, and we do things because they are in our interests, but unlike crappy pseudophilosophers like Ayn Rand he also thinks that it's often in our best interests to improve ourselves and care for one another, and we should by no means take an egoist philosophy to mean we should only care about ourselves.

Elftober Country

I try to be nice but I don't think I give off very friendly vibes. Once I get to know people I think it's easier for them to see that I genuinely care and can be supportive.

I really don't go out of my way to get to know people, and I think that gives the impression that I am not particularly "nice" or "sociable". The reality is, I'm just quite shy and I don't like inflicting my presence on people (that I assume) don't want me around. 

If I don't like someone I just avoid them. 

I try to be, most of the time, although I can be a lot more self-centred than I'd like to be. 

Well, if I know you, sure. Otherwise I am quite silent and distant. 

I think so... I am the god of kindnessness after all.. :P 

(in all seriousness though.. I try to be a an overall nice person, so I'd say yes, pretty bad at being deliberately mean so :P ... )

I try, but god is it hard.

Considering the fact I get nervous around other people, especially flirty dudes or incredibly happy people, is unaware of superficial social customs, has a dark sense of humor, hates society, rather impatient with others, and can be cold to other people, probably factors into why most people don't consider me "nice".

Don't forget the resting bitch face, lack of empathy, under eye bags (i look pretty haggard most of the time) and my smiles look more like I'm in pain. Thankfully those outward appearances keep most people away, but if it's a person I know well I try to be nice.

Probably (?). I don't have a very inviting image (they look me as an unattractive girl with male like facial features... or like a man with a tit problem that is angry with the world for his fate) which complicates meeting people sometimes, but once I get a chance to talk they realize I'm not what I look like. 

I think people see me as a good person on the surface but once they get to know me (like friends and people I have to work with daily) I have no idea what they might think of me. I have heard that some say I have a strong character, and I suspect they say it that way because they don't want to say I'm mean or cold sometimes. Either way, I still have good reputation and I will always try to help if I can so...

i also don't know a lot of social cues, so I might seem a little rude unintentionally. Like offering water when someone comes to your house, or not presenting new people to each other, forgetting say my name too when someone presents themselves and say what is your job, etc... Meh... my relationship with people is weird. Not that I really care too much about people but I try to not get into trouble because that means a bad time for me and more annoyance that what I really need. It's sometimes easier to go with the flow on some things just to get them done, like being nice.

I try my best to be nice. Some of my friends say that I often tend to be too nice and forgiving towards people even when they've been jerks towards me, but I think it's only because I don't want to seem rude in any situations. It might be because I don't want other people to turn away from me since the only slightly attractive thing about me is that I'm understanding.

1 hour ago, Deus Ex Infinity said:

Nope. No explanation needed.

I think you're nice... you seem to be very kind to people here!!

Ruru+Saphhy=Garnet
On 9/19/2017 at 4:33 PM, nothinbuttrouble said:

Are you a nice person? Why or why not?

I think I am...for the most part XD

I mean, I am kind towards those I like or to those who I am indifferent towards. 

If you have wronged me  or a friend, I will get mean without a question. If you get on my bad side, 99% chance you'll stay on my bad side.<_<

On 9/19/2017 at 10:28 PM, alpha decay said:

nah.

I speak faster than I think, so I typically say one word too much, which makes people see me as an insensitive and mean being.

however, here many people think I'm nice. I wonder why.

Nero, I think you're nice because you seem like a very caring person! 💖 :)

53 minutes ago, Ruru+Saphhy=Garnet said:

Nero, I think you're nice because you seem like a very caring person! 💖 :)

:blush: and you're the only one who said it loud :o  <3

I don't think I'm nice, no. I try to stay out of other people's way as much as possible, and I do my best to avoid being rude, even when I find myself in situations when I shouldn't be polite (in other words, I'm a doormat).

However, considering my complete lack of charisma and how many people dislike me and treat me badly, I think that my efforts are in vain. I am aware that I can be aloof and distant, and my shyness and reserved nature can come off as arrogance. Besides, I'm hard to please, and I can be a little bit inconsiderate at times. However, I don't consider myself a bad person, I don't go out of my way to mistreat people, and I definitely think a hundred times before doing something just because I have good intentions (most people I find unpleasant never feel guilty about being assholes because they think they're doing it for some "greater good"). I try to help people when I can, I think I'm a good neighbor, and every time I need/want to express an opinion about a sensitive subject I try to be diplomatic and polite about it.

However, in the end, I don't think I'm nice, and I bet that most people who know me would agree with that.

awkwardacegaylien

Yeah, I suppose so. I mean I try to be the nicest I can but some situations get me so stressed/tense and I just feel so angry.

Ruru+Saphhy=Garnet
9 hours ago, alpha decay said:

:blush: and you're the only one who said it loud :o  <3

:o really? *Hugs* :3

8 hours ago, Visenya said:

I don't think I'm nice, no. I try to stay out of other people's way as much as possible, and I do my best to avoid being rude, even when I find myself in situations when I shouldn't be polite (in other words, I'm a doormat).

However, considering my complete lack of charisma and how many people dislike me and treat me badly, I think that my efforts are in vain. I am aware that I can be aloof and distant, and my shyness and reserved nature can come off as arrogance. Besides, I'm hard to please, and I can be a little bit inconsiderate at times. However, I don't consider myself a bad person, I don't go out of my way to mistreat people, and I definitely think a hundred times before doing something just because I have good intentions (most people I find unpleasant never feel guilty about being assholes because they think they're doing it for some "greater good"). I try to help people when I can, I think I'm a good neighbor, and every time I need/want to express an opinion about a sensitive subject I try to be diplomatic and polite about it.

However, in the end, I don't think I'm nice, and I bet that most people who know me would agree with that.

Yeah, I'm pretty much the same way.

I think that there is no "true" definition of what is considered a nice person. It can mean many different things to many different people. Most people consider someone nice when they have helped them out somehow, or did something for the community. However, some people may consider these same actions as selfishness, to try and make themselves popular and bring attention for their own benefit, or that they want others to like them that way they can use them later. It's really just all a matter of opinion. Would I consider myself a nice person? No. I do what I believe is right, and my actions shouldn't make me perceived as a nice person or vise versa. If I want to help someone feel better, I will do what I believe is the right thing to do. I do not really care if I am considered as being a nice person or not by anyone. 

I try to be, but I don't adopt that whole "treat everything with kindness" approach.  If I feel you're being an idiot I'm going to treat you like one; if I feel you're being a bitch I'm going to be one right back, etc.

On 09/19/2017 at 10:28 PM, alpha decay said:

however, here many people think I'm nice.

Possibly because you relate to more people here.

I have butted heads with people not even trying, as they were stuck in closed minded ways of thinking. So me just opening my mouth, already put me at a disadvantage.

I don't try to be someone I'm not, so if someone is used to someone moulding their personality to meet the personality of others--I'm not the guy for them.

I find this means you may not follow the same wave length as the others. This makes you the odd one out.

Nobody likes a weird person, which is why people like Michael Jackson were profusely bullied by their peers.

It didn't matter what was said. It was put under more of a microscope due to him being so different. Had he sounded like everyone else, he easily would have flown under the radar.

I'm told I need to be an asshole more, by my closest friends.

I only react like that, if you force my back against the wall.

I otherwise, pay you no mind which irritated some. I don't punish some who are very deserving of it, per them.

I walk away, leaving them not to deal with the consequences of what they did. Some see this as being too nice. A pushover, even.

If you stab me in the back, I just walk away. I just don't see the point in wasting breath on such a person.

This just drives them insane.

I could have a girl cheat on me, and would find it in me to forgive them, while walking away.

Life is way too short to hold grudges.

That's effort such a person doesn't deserve.

Archived