Are you a nice person?

nothinbuttrouble

I am very honest and I don't care too much about hurting people with it. Also, I often feel like someone needs to be told the truth, even if it will hurt them, because overall it will still be better for them. I'm also not good communicating with strangers, so I may often seem cold or uninterested. So most people probably wouldn't call me especially nice.

But I usually don't hurt people for no reason (except for maybe if I'm very angry) and I really do care about my friends and try to make them happy. So I'm not particularly evil either.

As a conclusion, I wouldn't necessarily call myself nice, but I usually mean well.. :D

I am a nice person to those I like or those who haven't wronged me. I try to be polite and civil to everyone, but there have been people who tested me and got on my bad side, and well let's say once you are there you don't leave.

arekathevampyre

Not really . I can be super nice or not nice at all , depending on how I am dealing with/the clarity of my mind . 

Which means I may even be able to hurt those I love (though unintentional) . 

I try to be nice most of the times though sometimes I do get misunderstood . I want to be liked , you know . It is difficult to interact with me . 

People who can tolerate me are a gem !! Because it is super rare to find people like them haha

Though somewhat empath , if I hate you , I will HAVE to ignore my feelings hahahahahhaha

(insert evil laugh)

I'm too egocentric to be nice, plus being about as refined as a barrel of crude oil :P:P

There's a right time for everything. I can be nice, but I can also be exceptionally un-nice.

Nice used to mean foolish and or stupid. It's meaning changed over time. 

I am not nice, but I am polite and respectful even to those who don't always deserve it. I can be kind as well, but "Nice" does not fit me in any sense of the word. 

It depends on whom you ask. To many people, I'm a very nice and caring friend. To some people, I'm cruelty incarnate. It's not that I act differently around people or treat them in some arbitrary different way. It's just that some people find my existence to be an affront to them.

I try to be nice, even to people whom I don't always like. I have my moments of harshness though, mostly when I'm angry.

I'm pretty indifferent toward people for the most part. I don't harm them but I generally don't feel like doing anything nice for them either, because of how people treated me when my social anxiety was really bad. My social anxiety actually developed as a result of being mistreated by others.

Edit: I would say I'm like Yato.

Edit #2: I was really nice when my social anxiety was at its worst but I've found out that humans are f-ing weird and no one wants someone being nice to them. Now that I've just allowed myself to be open about being disinterested in other people (before I wasn't because I was concerned about seeming rude), they don't respond nearly as negatively as they were before. Oddly enough a lot of people seem to like that I don't care about them? Although I really don't give a shit how they respond to me anymore. It annoys me that people think that nice people are weak and inferior or whatever. People annoy me in general..

Yeah, I think I'm pretty cool. Everyone who knows me well and isn't a jerk themselves thinks I'm nice and cool, I put others first generally, all about morality. I could come off as arrogant saying that, but I've been burnt too often by giving into shit people by just agreeing with ANY criticism of me to really care what a random person thinks about me loving myself. I'm not better than everyone, but I'm pretty cool I think. Self-love and confidence do not equal narcissism of course. I am flawed, very much so - I get very angry and vengeful, I treat many family members poorly because I get angry at them and can get away with it. But am I nice? Yes, and I won't take anyone seriously if they disagree. I do not nice things and should be called out for it. But i'm pretty freaking cool TBH.

WinterWanderer

I am polite, but maybe not nice. I don't go out of my way to help people. But I will ask you how your day went, give advice if you ask for it, and hold doors open for people.

Alejandrogynous

I saw this thread and laughed. Today there was a woman at my work who was quite unhappy and basically threw an adult tantrum when we wouldn't compensate her for something that wasn't our fault, all the while claiming, "I'm normally a very nice person!!"

Sure, lady. Sure.

As for me, I don't know if I'm especially nice (I tend to be a bit inwardly focused so I can be unintentionally selfish sometimes), but I do try my best to always be polite. A lifetime of retail work will do that to you.

I guess it depends. I'm polite and civil, but I also lack empathy, and often am only "nice" due to being a pushover who sees conflict as a hassle, rather than actual altruism. There have also been a few times where I've went yangire on people who pushed me too far. :P 

I like to think that I am nice but I also have little patience with some people.

Prufrock, but like, worse

I am evil incarnate. I visit suffering upon the denizens of this reality merely by inhabiting it. All I gaze upon becomes as ash.

Guest Invisible Pumpkin

I am me, you can tell if I'm nice or not. :P 

3 hours ago, StormySky said:

I have altruistic tendencies, lots of empathy, and no desire to hurt people... does that count?

I believe you. :) 

3 hours ago, Skycaptain said:

I'm too egocentric to be nice, plus being about as refined as a barrel of crude oil :P:P

I think you are aven-nice, if that counts :P 

3 hours ago, podsnap said:

I try to be nice but I don't feel like I'm good at it.

Keep trying :o 

3 hours ago, Homer said:

There's a right time for everything. I can be nice, but I can also be exceptionally un-nice.

Homer :unsure:, you can be nicer Homer!! But you are right, there is a time for everything :P 

58 minutes ago, AnotherMember said:

Keep trying :o 

I appreciate your advice and I will do that but nice is somewhat overrated. The people I know who have everyone jumping for them aren't nice and the people I know who spend a lot of time worrying about other people's feelings are just kind of ignored or people tend to mostly just want things from them.

I think I'm nice and that's all that matters. lol.

I don't smile a lot so people automatically begin to give you negative personality associations for that...plus I have a serious attitude most of the time and I'm always focused on the task at hand or just deep in thought so I don't socialize. I won't laugh at something that I don't find funny either....so I guess a lot of people may think I'm rude just because of those traits but I open up to people that I feel are worth my time soooo I couldn't really care less about what others think. 

Thinking about it, I don't know if I'm nice. It's like, I'm very polite with new people, but with people I've known for a little, I lose my mouth filter. So I think some people wouldn't say I'm nice, but I never intend to cause hurt, so the intentions are there.

nah.

I speak faster than I think, so I typically say one word too much, which makes people see me as an insensitive and mean being.

however, here many people think I'm nice. I wonder why.

DragonflytotheMoon

That's for others to say about me & yes, they have said so. It's a compliment, I realize, though, not one I accept easily. I'm just me. I do my best to treat everyone I interact with with kindness & acceptance. Friends & strangers alike. Though, I'm the type, I go into every situation anticipating a friendship will be made.  I try to say hello to, nod and/or smile at everyone I encounter. It may seem a small thing, but, that may be the only nicety that person received that day. It can & does make a difference.

I also volunteer with the kitties at the local shelter. Due to health issues I'm not able to do as much as I'd like. One reason I started a rescue/rehome group on Facebook. I've also started a different type for those who are lonely and/or depressed. In the coming year I would like to get involved with opportunities pertaining to kids, seniors, the disabled or homeless. Eventually I'd like to help all of those groups. I'm quite strong minded & independent (just ask my husband). I know others who are the same. We are still able to extend ourselves toward others. For me, it's partly how I was raised, but, even more so, a choice. One should live with purpose & this is it for me.

7 hours ago, nothinbuttrouble said:

Are you a nice person?

No.

Whether I ever was is a matter of debate.

Huh, I'd like to think so.

However, I think I come across aloof in a lot of first impressions, at least irl.. y'know, chronic "resting don't-bother-me face". I'm not unkind or mean - I know that much. Maybe I'm just neutral. Polite, reasonably charitable, good friend, but still reasonably selfish and most definitely not a saint. 

Archived