Finally worked up the courage to join!

JeanLucky

Hello everyone!

My name is Jean Luc, (Hence Lucky in my name) and I'm currenty living in the UK under the occupation of a chemical Engineer,

Last year or  so I realised my lack of sexual attraction. After doing some researching I found out I may be asexual / gray. During my research

I came across this website where I read a couple peoples' posts and realised I wasn't a wierdo as I thought previously. I had been putting off actually signing up for a long time

due to the thought of someone I know finding me here but I finally worked up the courage to join. At this point I realised that I was definetly Asexual and wanted to interact with others like me.

How are you guys?

Welcome to AVEN.

Is that a Green Lantern battery?

I hope you enjoy the site and get to interact with some of the awesome people on the site.

Have a beautiful day.

Just now, argar said:

Welcome to AVEN.

Is that a Green Lantern battery?

I hope you enjoy the site and get to interact with some of the awesome people on the site.

Have a beautiful day.

Yup He's my favourite superhero

Welcome @JeanLucky. :cake: I expect if you go to your profile you can delete double messages, but really it does not matter. What matters is you are here and you are acknowledging yourself. Well done on realising it is good to reach out. You can make this space as private or public as necessary. I really doubt anyone would find you here unless they were specifically looking. It took me 49 years to look this up and I am pretty smart and self aware :lol:

Hi and welcome! Great you've joined, it's a nice place and there're always awesome folks to support you) Are you a Star Trek fan by chance? :D 

Crazy Cat Lady
4 hours ago, JeanLucky said:

I had been putting off actually signing up for a long time

due to the thought of someone I know finding me here but I finally worked up the courage to join.

Hi, Jean Luc and welcome! :-)

When I found AVEN a few years back (2010, I think), it took me a few days or a week to join, as well, for the same reasons as you. I'm still careful about not putting up a photo of me or too much personal information that could be identifying. It's nice to have AVEN to come to, though, for certain things (like posting about current "crushes", for example, when I don't want my "real life" friends to start wondering about the reasons why I don't pursue relationships when I am obviously (romantically!) attracted to people).

19 hours ago, Jillian1156 said:

Hi and welcome! Great you've joined, it's a nice place and there're always awesome folks to support you) Are you a Star Trek fan by chance? :D 

Its on my to watch list

Archived