Looking to learn more

batman81

Hi there,

I'm new here (obviously), and looking to learn more about asexuality.  I've read a few things you have on here, and I'm quite confused by it.

I've been seeing someone new for the past while and she's mentioned AVEN a few times, she identifies as grey/ace.  This isn't motivated by relationship problems though either, I'm really happy with how the relationship is going.  It's such a relief to have someone who understands the difference between love and sex, and she's a truly amazing woman.

I've still got a number of questions though about understanding asexuality, and I'm hoping to get to know everyone's experiences more over time, and to try and understand exactly what asexuality means, because my eyes are being opened to a whole world with a huge amount of variety that I just don't understand, and my brain is kind of melting a little.

Hope all is well, thanks for being here.

:)

I know how you feel.

I've been reading AVEN post for about a month. It has really opened my eyes. I'm still trying to figure things out but I feel like I know where I'm going.

Here is your complimentary cake. White chocolate Cadbury finger cake with strawberries, yum

7369eaf631fb822024cecac2213bbdba.jpg

wedding+cake1_1.jpg

Welcome! It's good to hear you're educating yourself for the sake of your friend. Have a cake! 

I didn't realize just how uncommon it was for a person to go almost into there twenties before having sex. So when I finally did the deed I was less than impressed and unenthusiastic for a repeat. The guy that I had been dating grew less an less patent with me until we just stopped seeing one another. The sex itself wasn't a bad experiences nor did I feel pressured into doing it I just had no desire to do it again. That didn't completely stop me from having sex altogether but I just never seemed to see the appeal in it. I have no real desire to have sex with anyone but I miss all the other aspects of being in a relationship. After a particularly failed attempt at going on a date with someone I found online I broke down and asked my friend what I was doing wrong. She explained to me that there wasn't anything wrong with me, that I wasn't picky or being a difficult woman, that I may be asexual. I had never heard the word or full understood what it was. So for the longest time I just ignored it and tried to fit into the little box we are told to go in. It was hard to come to terms with the fact that I viewed things and felt things outside of what is socially conventional. But I have accepted that it and feel better for it. I'm still learning and I'm trying to understand more of what it means to be Asexual or even Gray-Sexual, which is where I believe I fall under, that I hope that by coming on this site I will find others that have the same experiences or feelings as I do. 

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

Image result for cake

Archived