What PC Games do you play?

DevinLynx

I play Guild Wars 2 and am just getting back into it again, and was wondering what PC games others play on here. Any recommendations? What are your favorite genres of games?

I absolutely love Path of Exile and I am about to start Dark Souls now that I have a new computer and Xbox controller, so excited! I'm super bogged down with a giant pile of work right now so need to get that out of the way, then it will be game time >:3

Most of the Rockstar games including GTA V, Bully, Manhaunt 2, Max Payne series etc.
I also play Need for speed games, all of them but mostly Most Wanted ( again and again). ( I was a regular gamer of Need for speed world but since it's not online anymore, I'm done with that part. #Sad)

everywhere and nowhere

I prefer retro or retro-styled games. I've just replayed the 1993 game by Westwood Studios/Virgin, "Hand of Fate (Legend of Kyrandia 2)". However, I'm also playing a relatively new game (a few years old) "Fishdom 3" - match-3 type puzzle game + virtual pets - you gain virtual money by playing puzzle levels and spend them on decorating virtual fish tanks.

I usually don't like ultra-huge games - I prefer something that could be finished in one afternoon or evening when you already know how to play it. And I usually don't like top-modern graphics, especially 3D - to me ultra-high-quality 3D looks too foppish or glossy and low-quality 3D looks like the world after a nuclear armageddon... I prefer graphics from the late 80s/early 90s - VGA, or even high-quality EGA - it's amazing what beautiful sceneries could be created with just 16 colors.

A few examples of beautiful sceneries from a few games - all screenshots taken by me.

"King's Quest 4" (1988)

585967-king-s-quest-iv-the-perils-of-ros

"Quest for Glory 2" (1990 adventure-RPG hybrid)

574692-quest-for-glory-ii-trial-by-fire-

The abovementioned "Hand of Fate" (Polish version. The squirrel's line in the original is: "Other squirrels would be mad if I deviated from our union policy")

574719-the-legend-of-kyrandia-hand-of-fa

"Legend of Kyrandia 1" (1992)

587140-the-legend-of-kyrandia-dos-screen

Modern retro-styled game: "Heroine's Quest" (2013 adventure-RPG hybrid very much like the "Quest for Glory" series, but with a female character :D)

875003-heroine-s-quest-the-herald-of-rag

And another piece of "modern retro": 2008 unofficial remake of "Quest for Glory 2"

886478-quest-for-glory-ii-trial-by-fire-

Recently tried Civilization V and got stucked for month already, even though never was really interested in strategies before. I like The Elder Scrolls series and everything similar, like Dragon Age, Dark souls, Sacred... Also some sci-fi including Deus ex, Mass effect, Bioshock and Half life (it was the first game i played, was about 7 years and every time i met headcrab or someone else, I cried and my dad came and kill them :D). Oh, and if you'd like some stealth, Dishonored is great, don't know about second part, but 1st was awesome. 

I mostly play single player games like Binding of Isaac and Sims, but occasionally also League of Legends or TTT with my friends or point & click adventures with my family (King's Quest, Machinarium, games by Daedalic Entertainment, ...).

I don't like shooters and I generally prefer games that aren't stressful (I also love playing stuff like Pokémon and Harvest Moon on consoles).

I only play 4X strategy games.  I have Civilization 2 - 5, but mostly play Space Empires 5.

everywhere and nowhere

Oh, by the way, yet something about "modern retro" games: does anyone know the Blackwell game series? Judging by some aspects of the plot, I strongly feel that Rosa Blackwell is aro ace.

Do you just want me to list all the games I play? We could be here a while :P 

Mostly I play strategy, RPG, and action games. Currently I'm on (another) civ V binge after getting off (another) civ BE binge. Recently I've also been playing a lot of NieR: Automata because I bought it a few weeks ago. I'm an extreme mass effect fan, super glad they announced age of Empires IV, I almost played SMITE professionally, got into the sims, stardew valley...

Well, lots of games :D 

Mostly FPS games but dip and dive into various genres. Have soft spots for classics FPS games as that's what I grew up with.

Plus this game is my Bae:

doom_cyberdemon.png

Diamond Ace of Hearts
1 hour ago, Graceful said:

Does The Sims count?

works for me.

I've always liked playing Pacman. When I feel it's a little too easy or boring, I set myself a personal challenge of trying to "eat" as many pellets as possible without using any of the large pellets, for as long as I possibly can (that would stop the ghosts from attacking me), just to try to make it a little more difficult.

I also liked challenging myself by playing online Scrabble against the computer.

Currently playing THIS if it counts as a PC game:

https://tetris.com/play-tetris

My score is currently: 54,057

Can YOU beat it?

Also, I LOVE this song when it's in dubstep:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8FQBjVlERk

Diamond Ace of Hearts
1 hour ago, sg06 said:

I've always liked playing Pacman. When I feel it's a little too easy or boring, I set myself a personal challenge of trying to "eat" as many pellets as possible without using any of the large pellets, for as long as I possibly can (that would stop the ghosts from attacking me), just to try to make it a little more difficult.

For a different challenge, have you tried the "world's largest Pacman" website? Thousands of different Pacman arenas created by fans of the  game, all connecting into one huge maze: it's pretty good

1 hour ago, Achromatic Kitty said:

Currently playing THIS if it counts as a PC game:

https://tetris.com/play-tetris

My score is currently: 54,057

I scored 28,260. I thought that wasn't bad for playing it a second time, after understanding the rules of the game. But, wow. Your score is high! The blocks were coming down pretty fast when I was playing, toward the end, so I can't imagine how it must be to play at an even harder level!

22 minutes ago, Diamond Ace of Hearts said:

For a different challenge, have you tried the "world's largest Pacman" website? Thousands of different Pacman arenas created by fans of the  game, all connecting into one huge maze: it's pretty good

I don't think I've come across that one. It sounds exciting. Thanks for the head's up!

51 minutes ago, sg06 said:

I scored 28,260. I thought that wasn't bad for playing it a second time, after understanding the rules of the game. But, wow. Your score is high! The blocks were coming down pretty fast when I was playing, toward the end, so I can't imagine how it must be to play at an even harder level!

My new score is 59,655 LOL.... On level 5.

I used to be a huge fan of city building games like Caesar and Pharaoh, as well as the early Sims games like Sim City, Sim Farm, and Sim Ant. But I haven't played computer games in a long time.

@Achromatic Kitty

You are not good at Tetris till you beat Linux Tetris. Most Tetris games has the max level of 9. Linux Tetris is infinite, but speed caps at 10, but piece complexity starts getting harder.

I played your Tetris while inebriated and scored around 44k I believe on level 8. I'm kinda a pro at Tetris, and will do much better when sober.

Let's see... LTris, NullPoMino, vitetris, Battle for Wesnoth, SuperTux, ReTux, Project Starfighter, Freedoom 1 & 2, Hyperrogue, Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead, Lugaru, Aisleriot (Solitaire), Minetest, SuperTuxKart, Mr. Rescue, and probably more.

43 minutes ago, Yato said:

@Achromatic Kitty

You are not good at Tetris till you beat Linux Tetris. Most Tetris games has the max level of 9. Linux Tetris is infinite, but speed caps at 10, but piece complexity starts getting harder.

I played your Tetris while inebriated and scored around 44k I believe on level 8. I'm kinda a pro at Tetris, and will do much better when sober.

This is being a pro at Tetris:

I was wainting for someone to bring up grandmaster 3:D

I dont play much on PC right now but i am waiting for the pc realse of Destiny 2.  I loved the first one of ps4. And i liked the beta.

I tend to play Skyrim, though the separate laptop I have is a poor HP one and not good for gaming, but it is playable and at its best can run it at 30 fps on Medium graphics.  Playing on god mode a lot because the fps drops a lot unfortunately.   

To be perfectly honest, I am not a hardcore gamer, I'm usually a casual type.  I did want to try gaming on a PC tho which is why I have Skyrim after beating it a lot on the console, and through that I got into modding on the nexus.  

Trying to play the demo to Prehistoric Kingdom, though, but the damn thing is so slow and glitchy.  Once I get my own financially stable paycheck I have considered investing in a better system or rebuilding it, but that's a long way away lol 

Lately I've been playing eu4 and, especially, Crusader Kings 2.

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 9:36 PM, Achromatic Kitty said:

My new score is 59,655 LOL.... On level 5.

I finally scored better, today, beating my previous score: 49, 475, on level 8. That was a little hard. But, I'm getting closer...:P

44 minutes ago, sg06 said:

I finally scored better, today, beating my previous score: 49, 475, on level 8. That was a little hard. But, I'm getting closer...:P

Soon you'll be a Jedi Knight, young Padawan....

Level 10 starting from one... 66,497.  ;)

Mostly I like RPGs, as well as some first-person shooters and real time strategy games. And, of course, the odd game that doesn't fit into any of those genres.

RPGs: Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate II, Icewind Dale, Icewind Dale II, TES: Morrowind, Dragon Age: Origins, Pillars of Eternity, TES: Skyrim, Planescape: Torment, Knights of the Old Republic, TES: Oblivion, Neverwinter Nights, Temple of Elemental Evil, Mass Effect, Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura, Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader, Knights of the Old Republic II, Neverwinter Nights 2, Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age: Inquisition. Currently on the list to play: VTM Bloodlines, Tyranny, the Fallout series.

FPSes: Unreal Tournament 2004, Half-Life, Half-Life 2, Tron 2.0, Unreal, Unreal Tournament, Unreal II, Unreal Tournament 3, Doom, Quake. These days I mostly play Unreal Tournament 2004 if anything, but I still like the others.

RTSes: Medieval II: Total War, Total War: Rome II, Empire: Total War, Populous: The Beginning, Civilisation III.

Other: Commander Keen (all six), Duke Nukem, Duke Nukem II, Lemmings, Lemmings 2: The Tribes, Oh No! More Lemmings, Lemmings 3d, Lemmings Revolution, Motorsport Manager, Mystic Towers, Hocus Pocus, Crystal Caves, koules, Rocket League, rogue, angband, Nethack, GTR 2.

Archived