What type of relationship is this?? And what do people involved in this called???

Princess_Bubbles

Princess_Bubbles

Me and my friend like each other (he's the first guy I've genuinely liked before). When we hang out you'd think we were dating but that's not exactly it. We have A LOT of flirtation between us and we kiss each other (not on the lips though). Basically everything a boyfriend and girlfriend does except kissing on the lips and sexual stuff (obviously). So, yeah, what is this relationship called?? And what are we called?? He asked me and I told him to decide but we both don't know.....

If you feel romantic attraction towards each other (which is what I'm assuming you meant by "we like each other") then boyfriend/girlfriend is fine... whether you have sex and where you prefer to be kissed have absolutely nothing to do with it, and never have! But if your feelings are mutually and strictly platonic then queerplatonic or just plain old 'friends' will do fine.

• Like 2

My parents generation had a cute word for this. You're "Ummer's". Because when you go to introduce each other to people you say "And this is Brad, my...um...er..." as you search for the right relation title. It's not at all a serious word, but if you'd like to keep a light, humorous tone about the whole thing that will make people chuckle instead of look at you strangely, and 'boy/girlfriend' doesn't feel right, its a fun way to go.

• Like 1