Need your thoughts for a school project ;) Thanks

Hi guys,

For one of my visual communication classes we were given a project for which we have to make 3 posters about something personnal and give advices we would have liked to hear. So I decided to do it about asexuality (kind of coming out? Well I'm doing an Erasmus so lets try where we won't see the other people ever after if it turns out they don't get it :P)

We all know that many people don't know about asexuality and I'm fine with that except that people who are asexual don't know about it either and can feel abnormal when it's not the case. So I wanted to make something for them in the lines of :"It's fine if you would rather cuddle, read a book, eat cake :P,...". Kind of an awarness campaign.

What do you think of it? Is it something you would have liked to see? And most importantly what would you rather do?

Thanks for your opinions <3

• Like 5

Go for it!

It sounds like a really good idea.

• Like 2

Thanks... Just wanted more opinions also on what would you rather do? ;) 

If you need to, ask away... I don't bite.. Much... ;)

• Like 1

Thats a really good idea, I wish I had ever found a poster like that 

Yes, what a great idea! If you weren't considering it already, maybe you could put something on the differences between the different attractions on one of the posters? I know the sensual/aesthetic/sexual attraction is what causes a lot of people so much confusion.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, EggplantWitch said:

Yes, what a great idea! If you weren't considering it already, maybe you could put something on the differences between the different attractions on one of the posters? I know the sensual/aesthetic/sexual attraction is what causes a lot of people so much confusion.

I would have liked the idea but sadly I can't get much text (the poster is supposed to be understood without any text).  

plasticapollos
48 minutes ago, Aarineko said:

I would have liked the idea but sadly I can't get much text (the poster is supposed to be understood without any text).  

That's kind of cool! It might actually be easier to explain some aspects of asexuality without text! Especially because it's a spectrum! 

You could mark points on the spectrum and describe through images what they mean. OR OR OR you could make the poster about seeing the world through your (and our) lives.

Like an "Ace eye view" THIS SEEMS SO FUN!! 

Doing something like that would still bring awareness to us, because most people don't understand how different our world can be. It would really "humanize" us. And if it's intriguing, people ask questions. 

My form of coming out was a capstone project on asexual representation, so I feel ya. <3

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, plasticapollos said:

That's kind of cool! It might actually be easier to explain some aspects of asexuality without text! Especially because it's a spectrum! 

You could mark points on the spectrum and describe through images what they mean. OR OR OR you could make the poster about seeing the world through your (and our) lives.

Like an "Ace eye view" THIS SEEMS SO FUN!! 

Doing something like that would still bring awareness to us, because most people don't understand how different our world can be. It would really "humanize" us. And if it's intriguing, people ask questions. 

My form of coming out was a capstone project on asexual representation, so I feel ya. <3

My current ideas where for exemple having a bench with a bunch of girl taking and giggling while looking at a guy passing in the street and another one next to them reading a book and say "It's fine if you'd rather read a book" ... That way you can see just from the drawing that she isn't really interested... Another one was just a couple cuddling on a sofa "It's fine if you'd rather just cuddle" and my last idea for now was of a cafe with couples on other tables and someone eating happily a cake "It's fine if you'd rather eat cake"... But then that last one is kind of a privated joke between asexuals so not everyone might get it ... That's why I'm looking at ideas about what people would rather do ;) 

• Like 2
AncientAmateur
2 minutes ago, Aarineko said:

My current ideas where for exemple having a bench with a bunch of girl taking and giggling while looking at a guy passing in the street and another one next to them reading a book and say "It's fine if you'd rather read a book" ... That way you can see just from the drawing that she isn't really interested... Another one was just a couple cuddling on a sofa "It's fine if you'd rather just cuddle" and my last idea for now was of a cafe with couples on other tables and someone eating happily a cake "It's fine if you'd rather eat cake"... But then that last one is kind of a privated joke between asexuals so not everyone might get it ... That's why I'm looking at ideas about what people would rather do ;) 

for the last one you could always to a play on the "Netflix & Chill". "It's fine if you'd rather Netflix & eat cake"?

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, AncientAmateur said:

for the last one you could always to a play on the "Netflix & Chill". "It's fine if you'd rather Netflix & eat cake"?

Neflix and cuddle? ;)

• Like 1
plasticapollos

There MUST be cake!!! <3

Just now, plasticapollos said:

There MUST be cake!!! <3

haha I might just do my first idea then :P What would you rather do?

plasticapollos
5 minutes ago, Aarineko said:

haha I might just do my first idea then :P What would you rather do?

This project is for you, too. <3 I like your first idea.  The general populace may not get it, but if you run across that one ace that gets it.. wouldn't it be so worth it?

Honestly, I think the cake one is the most endearing of all.. Plus if you had to explain the last one, it's memorable. :3 Hence it's a slogan around here.

• Like 1
Just now, Malt2158 said:

You know to me there is no better feeling than to be cuddling with a person you love, sex is not as appealing to me, as just feeling their head on your shoulder and holding their hand, cuddling...

Yep definitely doing one on that :) Welcome to Aven by the way :cake:

• Like 1
Flowertheflower

Great idea! I like it!

I really dont think anything needs to be changed about your idea; its good enough already.

• Like 2