Questioning and could use some help

DevinLynx

Hello. I'm Devin. I'm a 27 year old transmale and trying to sort out my sexual identity. Thought making a post and getting input might help me.
I'm new to this forum but thought it might be helpful to me. I'm not quite sure about whether I would consider myself asexual or not. I am currently exploring the idea, since I'm not sure if I've ever really experienced sexual attraction to anyone. I've had a couple relationships with sexual partners in the past which ended for various reasons.I am currently in a romantic relationship with someone who was previously a good friend, and I consider him my boyfriend. I recently realized that in every relationship I've had, there was a great deal of desire for romantic actions but I never really wanted sex. I was comfortable with a certain level of touch though. Hugs and kissing/biting were ok, and I enjoyed doing these things with my partners but not much more. However, most of these relationships were prior to the beginning of my transition, and thus sexual actions were very uncomfortable to me anyway because I was being seen as female. I've only been with one guy sexually since then (and I explained to him I knew I didn't want certain areas touched) and it was ok, but I didn't really feel anything for him and we weren't in a relationship, it was more just exploring. Now that I am in an actual relationship its more important to me. So now I'm trying to figure out my own sexual identity and would appreciate any input.

Many trans people before a physical transition experience this because they feel unattractive/uncomfortble with their body. Most say the feeling totally or in part goes away after some time taking HRT or after surgery. You say you "never really wanted sex" which is indicative of asexuality. My suggestions would be non-sex repulsed asexual, grey ace, or demisexual.

1 minute ago, breezey said:

Many trans people before a physical transition experience this because they feel unattractive/uncomfortble with their body. Most say the feeling totally or in part goes away after some time taking HRT or after surgery. You say you "never really wanted sex" which is indicative of asexuality. My suggestions would be non-sex repulsed asexual, grey ace, or demisexual.

Thank you for the input and suggestions! I have been thinking a lot about this after going to a recent TransHealth conference in Philadelphia. I attended a panel for individuals with Autism spectrum disorders, since I have Aspergers syndrome and ended up sitting with a group of ace individuals. A lot of the things they were describing about relationships versus friendships made sense to me and were a lot like what I'd been feeling so I thought I'd look into it after the conference.