Who is the founder of our asexuality?

PHOENIX97

I'm just curious of who first gave our sexuality a name. I looked it up but it doesn't say who first mentioned how we feel. To explain that this isn't made up and that this is real. And beautifully complex

It's of Greek origin. The prefix "a" or "an" meaning "without" or "not". A-sexual. A-romantic. A-gnostic. A-theist. An-hydrous. An-archy. It's similar to homo- and heterosexual. "Homo" means "same", "hetero" means "other"; "same sexual" and "other sexual", meaning "someone who prefers the same sex" and "someone who prefers the other sex".

Asexual means, literally, "not sexual". Someone who prefers no sex.

I think you can find your answers here: http://wiki.asexuality.org/Asexual_history

I watched the (A)sexual documentary quite a while ago, but I seem to remember that asexuality had a lot of different names before. Some called it non-sexual. David Jay founded AVEN, which called it asexuality, and AVEN became the most prominent asexual website, so the name 'asexual' stuck.