Fire and Ice

infinategrey

One creature made of a blazing inferno, Fire. The other made of the purest frozen water, Ice. Both foolishly and unavoidably love the other. Fire knows she can never set Ice ablaze, nor can she begin to imagine what it must be, to be made of such infinite cold. Ice knows he can never freeze Fire, and can't possibly hope to comprehend how someone can live, burning constantly. Both are a world, alien to the other. But still they persist. 

On occassion, Fire manages to set a part of Ice aflame. For that moment the two can exist together, and they enjoy happiness. But only 

for a moment before Ice's cold sucks the heat from the flame, and extinguishes it. Try as she might, Fire can't recreate the exact flame that lit Ice. No matter how hard Ice tries, he can't create that flame on his own, for flame cannot be created from water. So Ice covers Fire's eyes and lies, telling her she did it! He's burning again and the couple try to touch. But It's no good. Fire feels Ice draining the heat from her, and Ice feels Fire burning him. So they can only stare awkwardly at each other as neither can understand the other.

On other occasions, Ice manages to cool Fire's flames, and she begins to smolder. In those moments, they are happy, and can be 

together. But it cannot last. Quickly Fire's flames begin to melt her frozen parts. Ice tries with all his might, to keep the flames at bay. Poor Fire tries with all her heart to quench her building inferno. But it is impossible, for such flames cannot be stopped by ice, nor can they themselves become frozen entirely. So Fire covers Ice's eyes and tells him he's stopped the flames. But it's no use. Ice can feel Fire burning him, even as she tries to contain her flame.

So again they stare into each other's eyes. Each trying to understand why the other won't just "give in". Neither Fire nor Ice able to

grasp the fact that it's just not possible for one to be the other. There can be no compromise. Any attempt in that direction ends with Fire melting Ice, or Ice extinguishing Fire. The only possible solution is for both to be either burning or frozen. But love blinds logic. So the fated pair continue until the inevitable destruction of both.

My relationship with my hypersexual girlfriend painted into the best picture I can paint with words. Does anyone else feel like Fire or Ice?

Comfortably Confused

Damn. Nice writing, bro. Can't relate because I'm a single pringle (probably for that reason, actually) but that must be hard. *hugs*

Thanks. Never written a story before. It was just the best metaphor I could think of.

Archived