Am I asexual or just imagining things?

ohsorryamiinterrupting

ohsorryamiinterrupting

So, I've been wondering this for a while.

I've never really understood sexual attraction. Sure, I can find people attractive and have crushes, but I never look at someone and think of sexual things. I simply don't feel sexual attraction to anyone  or interest towards sex. However, I do get aroused while thinking about very specific things. Am I over-thinking this? Or is this something some of you have experienced? I'm sorry if this is a stupid or an offending question.

Hi, welcome to AVEN :)

It's completely normal that you get aroused, most asexuals do. It's just a reaction of your body. It's because of your romantic orientation, not sexual, that you get crushes or not. And finding people attractive is aesthetical attraction. 

So, yes, you can still be asexual if you experience this things. Not seeing other people in a sexual way and not really needing sex is what make you asexual. So maybe just read some more on asexuality or some posts on this forum and then decide if that's you :) 

• Like 1

I was in the same boat as you for a really long time. I find lots of people attractive but I never really noticed that I didn't think of them sexually until I learned more about asexuality and realized that I felt the same as a lot of people. Something that really helped me come to terms with being ace was to completely seperate the ideas of arousal, and the different types of attraction(sexual, aesthetic, sensual, romantic, etc.) as well as sexual behavior and attitudes towards sex. It helped me parse out what I was feeling, I don't know if that'll help you but it did for me. 

Basically I'm trying to say its ok to be a little overanalytical of yourself, we all are at least a little bit. So don't put yourself down, a lot more people are or have been in your shoes than you think :D

• Like 1

Welcome!! I see no one has given you cake yet, so :cake::cake::cake::cake:

You sound like you fit on the asexual spectrum, but it's down to you to decide which label fits best. 

These might be helpful, to help you learn the types of attraction, and help you determine your label.

You also might want to check out "The ABCs of LGBT" by Ash Hardell for their discussions on asexuality and romanticism.

https://secondlina.deviantart.com/art/Sketchcomic-types-of-Attraction-298804729

http://life-of-an-asexual.tumblr.com/post/102762643654/desires-for-relations-based-on-types-of-attraction

The_Reluctant_Dragon

Don't worry, your questions aren't stupid or offensive. Literally everyone asexual has questions about being asexual. It is normal for asexuals to get aroused. It's not about attraction, it is just your body working the way it should be. You can be autochorrisexual, but, go look into that yourself. Just learn the different identities in the asexual umbrella. Hope I'm helping. Welcome to AVEN, by the way. Have some cake :cake::cake::cake: