Feedback Appreciated

Member121102

I feel like when I was a kid and into my early teen years I didn't know there were different types of attraction because I think I always confused aesthetic attraction with sexual attraction which in turn became what a crush was to me. Love was something that outweighed anything else (as I got older in my teen years I thought about this) and never even thought about going beyond getting to know someone to see if we have something in common. I really never thought that my experience with attraction was different, I just thought other people were way more confident or felt something that I would feel someone when I met the right person. I just was not interested in anyone around me in that extent. idk 

Yes, that is quite normal for an asexual. I always wondered why others could be so fascinated by "hot" people. Of course they look nice, but to me it felt like they were exaggerating for an unknown reason.

• Like 1

I thought "hot" was a synonym for someone who was aesthetically pleasing, not someone you would want to have sex with. That was an embarrassing one to find out about.

I still can't comprehend that when people say someone is hot they actually could have sex with them. I thouth it was just another slightly different adjective like pretty, cute, beautiful, hot.

About aesthetical attraction, yes I always felt the same. I took me a lot of time to realize I'm aromantic, because what i did feel was purley emotional or aesthetical, not romantic. I wanted to be one day in a relationship and at the same time I was never interested in that way in anyone. I'w say it's quite normal for aromantic people.

Sounds like me in my teens and twens. Now I'm 47 and still alone.

There's no need to hurry, but keep in mind what you want. If you want a relationship, with or without sex, then look out for compatible partners. And take a chance when the opportunity arises. If you don't want a relationship, that is fine too. Just make sure you really don't want it :-)