Kissing?

amiadancer?

On 8/31/2017 at 9:22 AM, swirl_of_blue said:

I actually think that kissing is to me a lot like sex is for sexuals

That's basically where I stand with it. Kissing is really nice when it's someone I want to be that close to and can be soft and sweet or more intense and that's prettymuch all great, but I'm happy if that's as far as it goes where sexuals would take it as a warmup. I'm in the camp where I can go for a really solid make-out session but I'm like can that be ALL we do? That said...

4 hours ago, ramii1307 said:

Meanwhile I'm just there like " this is fun I guess. Maybe I'll pick up some food later".

I have also experienced that. I think it depends on my mood and the exact situation.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I might be addicted :lol: I've probably had too much in the recent weeks...

I’m sexual and kissing is kinda weird to me

It's also worth noting that there are people who draw a bigger sense of intimacy from kissing than they do from sex.

I'm aro/ace, and to me, kissing is super weird. 

StarkRomanoff

I've only ever kissed one person. She was the one that initiated it (in public) on the day I met her, which was not how I saw my first kiss going. All kisses after that were not all that exciting but kinda rough. She's a sexual person so tongue went straight in and she had different end goals. I was thinking about food or something else most of the time. With every kiss, my lips went dry really fast, making me self conscious. I still want to kiss but not much more than that and with other people.

im aroace and, to me, kissing is fine. like, it's nothing super special but it can be fun. granted, all the kissing i've done has been while at least a little drunk, so that might make a difference, haha.

90% of the time, kissing repulses me. All I can concentrate on is the how gross it is that I'm breathing in the warm air from their nose! All of that bacteria swapping isn't a great thought either. I don't understand how other people aren't bothered by those things, or why they actually enjoy it. 

On 8/31/2017 at 6:22 AM, swirl_of_blue said:

I like kissing. I actually think that kissing is to me a lot like sex is for sexuals: I think most people have heard "When it's good, it's really good, and when it's bad, it's still pretty good" said about sex. That's how kissing feels to me. And though I've never kissed someone I was not in a relationship with, I wasn't attracted to and certainly didn't love any of my partners. I hope I some day get the opportunity to kiss someone I actually am attracted to and love, because it will probably be even better then!

It might be that way for me too... well, maybe.  I've always felt that there is probably a "replacement" for sex, that has at least a little physical element, and a strong symbol of bonding as well.  It's probably kissing, but I haven't really gotten close enough to anyone.  

• 2 weeks later...

Kissing doesn't make me feel any particular way at all, I just enjoy the proximity it gives me with the person I kiss. 

I've never felt a difference in the way I felt between kissing someone I liked and strangers - except perhaps on an emotional level^^ 

Probably for some aces kissing can feel good on a emotional level but not on a sexual level? 

I can't imagine how kissing can turn someone on, perhaps I should ask my friends as well

• 1 month later...

If we are talking about tongue/mouth/wet kissing,  I am all over the board, ranging from loving it to being indifferent about it to being absolutely repulsed by it.

When I go without it for awhile (4 months +), for example when I'm single, I start to long for it and imagine myself kissing someone (fantasy like...not someone I see in person...although that can sometimes happen, rarely though).  

When first dating someone I like, I really enjoy kissing, unless they kiss in a weird way, which I've found most don't. But, kissing, like sex and even romance (to a lesser degree) loses it's appeal for me quickly. A couple of months (or less) of dating and kissing often becomes neutral to me and even gross at times (for example, if I'm cooking in the kitchen and my partner comes up and starts kissing me).  Yuck! I have to already be aroused to possibly enjoy it. And since I get aroused infrequently, I don't really enjoy it most times. It becomes an off limits type of behavior unless in the bedroom. I really try to give my partner what they want, but they end up feeling the rejected.

I really wish I could always enjoy it because when I do, it is really fantastic. I feel excited and bonded with the person. (Sigh)

• 5 months later...
Cup.of.tea.

I’ve only kissed one person but I like the idea of kissing someone, specially if I like them.

Archived