Am I the only one who finds a to allo relationships distracting? are a to a relationships distracting?

Nunyabiz

I do a lot of different things and dating I've always found to be quite distracting. I would like the distraction possibly, if I liked the person but I've never been in an ace to ace relationship? Are they typically, I know you can't speak for everyone, but are they typically as distracting as most relationships?

"Distracting" is kind of a vague term.  More specifics please?

If you view your relationships as nothing but a distraction, perhaps they're not a good fit for you

Is there a feeling word (or two) you could attach to it? Happy, sad, mad, scared, hurt? Does the time needed for relationships take time away from other activities that are more important to you? Building a relationship with a romantic or qpr partner will naturally take time away from other time uses. Other than spending quality time interacting there aren't ways to build a strong social, emotional bond.

It is true that the sudden spark of physical and sexual attraction can give people a massive jumpstart in the sense that they can acknowledge the sudden spark and bingo it's time for breakfast the next day. Lust or spontaneous sexual attractions rarely have staying power because they originate from the instinctual part of the brain.

AFAIK, I've only been in relationships with Allos, maybe one demi. Taking the time for the relationship of has always meant consciously choosing to not do other things. I wish you all the best in your journey! 

Grumpy Alien

Sorry, what is a to allo?

Charlie Weasley
13 minutes ago, Graceful said:

a = asexual

allo = allosexual

In other words, "am I the only one who finds mixed relationships distracting?"

Granted, even knowing this, I'm still not quite sure what the OP is getting at by "distracting"

Whatever the point behind 'distracting' might be - if you feel like a relationship (or an activity) is distracting from something else, you probably shouldn't be involved in it. Voluntary relationships or activities should always be enriching your life, something you don't consider to be a distraction from "more important things". They should come as a natural source of happiness, not something you feel you have to squeeze in just for the sake of it.

If you're distracted, it's not worth it.

Moved from Questions about Asexuality to Asexual Relationships.

TheAP

Questions about Asexuality co-mod

Charlie Weasley
On ‎30‎.‎08‎.‎2017 at 6:24 PM, Homer said:

Whatever the point behind 'distracting' might be - if you feel like a relationship (or an activity) is distracting from something else, you probably shouldn't be involved in it. Voluntary relationships or activities should always be enriching your life, something you don't consider to be a distraction from "more important things". They should come as a natural source of happiness, not something you feel you have to squeeze in just for the sake of it.

If you're distracted, it's not worth it.

ive always flet /because of expectations/ that I had to squeeze in spouses. I am glad its over.

Archived