Dating Sites?

CJEscandell

Hi everyone,

This is my first post here. I'm excited to find a whole world of like-minded people!! I was just wondering (and I'm sure this has most likely been discussed at length) if there is any dating sites or any place that we could meet local asexual people for dating and such? I'm in NYC specifically, if that helps?

Thanks!!

-CJ

A shard of glass

Hey CJ!

This dating site/dating app thing has been discussed a number of times in the past (don't worry, you're not in trouble for asking :P) I can't think of specifics, but there ARE in fact dating apps/sites that are targeted at asexuals like us :P

Personally I don't use them, and I don't agree with them at all, but they definitely exist! I think that the name of one of them is "AceBook". I'm sorry that I'm of limited usefulness/helpfulness with this, but it's all I got on the matter :S

Hope that this helps!

BW

There are some, but they don't seem to be that active. Though, I wonder how the NYC pool is (I'm assuming slightly larger that other cities?).

It doesn't rank high in Google searches, but the site ace-book.net.  It's a small community, but a free site, and generally pretty friendly, from what I've seen.  I peeked back in there for the first time in ages the other day, and had a couple of nice people message me, which was a pleasant surprise.  I wouldn't count on that being the norm, but it's worth checking out.

Asexualitic is a little fancier, but turned into a site where you have to pay to message people several years back.  Wasn't very active when it was free, and I imagine it's even less so now.  There are probably others by now, too, but those are the two I'm familiar with because they've been around a long time.

Personally, I'd recommend steering clear of fee-based sites -- any ace dating site is going to be small, and fee-based is likely to keep a lot of people away on top of that.  Really, you might still have better luck on a site like OKcupid -- it does, at least, have asexual as an orientation option, and the ability to search for people by that.

StrangerThing
19 minutes ago, Tyrnis said:

Really, you might still have better luck on a site like OKcupid -- it does, at least, have asexual as an orientation option, and the ability to search for people by that.

How do you search for aces on OKC? I have tried but when I try to change my preferences for guys, there is nothing allowing me to select by sexuality. 

On the search page, it'll have <gender> who are interested in <stuff> ages...

<Stuff> is selectable, and if you choose More, there's a longer list of options that include asexual and demisexual.

We have started work on an asexual sating site at the moment. It is at the moment in it's development phase, however if you are interested in joining, and helping with the development by giving us feedback, then please feel free to check it out. HTTP://as-ns.net/ox/ .

Project OX is an offshoot of AS-NS, and the idea is to incorporate dating in to the site as a whole. I actually like ace-book, but the site is really clunky, and hard to use.. Project OX aims to bring a whole host of features in to one site, and the aim is to encourage creativity, as well as provide a forum, chat, and other goodies. The dating side of the site at the moment works in the same way as Ace-book, however we are coding something way more advanced in the hope that we can really help bring people together who want the same things. 

One of the biggest issues with Ace-book, is that many people are just looking for a distant, no contact relationship, and it can be really disparaging when you have spent months getting to know someone only to find they never really want to meet.. The same can also be said the other way around, and that is just one issue with trying to match Asexual people. We aim to bring people together, and help people meet, and form meaningful long term relationships. 

We are also looking at the rules we want to implement. We will likely be more relaxed than AVEN but not as free as AS-NS. Soo... If you are interested in either finding someone, or you want to help out in the design of the site, then please let me know on project OX... We are hoping to finalise the theme we will base things on in the next couple of weeks, we would really like as many peoples input as possible so we can reach a consensus.

The Features we have running so far are:

Forums.

Groups (These are really great as people can create their own special interest groups, and have their own internal rules, etc).

Blogs and essays. ( For the writers among you ).

Galleries ( This is something I really like, as it allows people to show off their art ).

Videos.

Chat.

Dating.

I am sure you will be hearing a lot more about this place in the coming months. It's about time we sorted out a way for us asexuals to find a way to meet that special someone. 

• 6 months later...

If you need information about dating sites like which is good to use is the site is authentic or not because there are many scammers also you can check reviews on best tinder openers where you will get a list of verified dating apps, as well as some other dating, related tips

Archived