Rediscovered my sexuality

Patronus_Cat

Patronus_Cat

Hey everyone,

I had a long process in discovering my a/sexuality. I first thought I was heterosexual and there was a long period where I was confused because I couldn't relate to the sexual community. I got to know about asexuality, found AVEN where the wonderful members helped me in validating my experience. Now after a long while, I rediscovered that I'm sexual (I found out with my ex boyfriend). I was experiencing different feelings and I was attracted to him, intensely, in a sexual way. This was something I hadn't felt before and it was strange and good.

So I wanted to tell all of you struggling with your sexual identities, that everything you feel is valid. Sexuality can be fluid, like it is in my case. I wouldn't say things like "You just have to wait for the right person" or "You haven't met the right person yet". No, what I would say is, during your journey you may find the right people who helps in discovering/reassessing what you are going through. My ex wasn't the right person for me, even though he was very supportive of me (I had to educate him about Asexuality). But he helped me in rediscovering my sexuality.

Anyone who tells you what you are is wrong or invalid or doesn't exist, please don't give an ear to them. You know it and it's valid. Even if you don't know where you are, that's perfectly fine too. It's a journey! You do you :)

Thank you for this insight :) it's nice that you made this discovery and yeah, I also think it's a journey.

Archived