Gender as a Social Construct Questions

Pramana

Binary_fiction
17 minutes ago, Sherlocks said:

By definition that is what sex is and your gender identity is psychological. Saying "I feel like a women" does not mean you can suddenly produce babies. You are also again mixing up stuff which is not under the same category. Sex is organs and parts, gender is social and psychological. Also the only one saying males equal testosterone are you. Males and females have both hormones. However estrogen is higher in females and vice versa. Only you are saying everyone has equal amounts. 

I'm strictly talking about biological sex on a genetic and organic composition here. No mention of gender at this point.

Also my point was that oestrogen and testosterone are not the only component in your biological sex and that chemistry also affect your brains. I have a degree in microbiology and I can tel you that what you said isn't accurate but maybe you have other theories I'm unaware of that you can share as to what your point is?

1 minute ago, Binary_fiction said:

I'm strictly talking about biological sex on a genetic and organic composition here. No mention of gender at this point.

Also my point was that oestrogen and testosterone are not the only component in your biological sex and that chemistry also affect your brains. I have a degree in microbiology and I can tel you that what you said isn't accurate but maybe you have other theories I'm unaware of that you can share as to what your point is?

Sex is determined by reproductive parts and organs. If you feel like you are male or female on the inside is psychological. If you have abnormalities that would often fall under intersex. Also I never said it was but males and females have both. What differs is the amount. Also if we are talking about what your brain thinks and feels it again falls under the category of "psychology" and "sociology" not anatomy/biology. So again it's psychologically vs anatomy. 

Archived