the count down

nezz35

I've been in a relationship for going on 2 years and I find myself counting down the time whenever we are intimate. I have tried several things to try to engage myself more into it but I just keep counting, waiting for it to end. I moved a couple of states away from him and the times we do share while we are in the same area are mostly centered around his needs. Everyone around me keeps asking how do I manage to go so long without sex. Some times I just want to be. I have been more content sitting in my room with my lizard watching netflix. 

This may be a bit of a blunt question, but why are you still together? This post doesn't make it sound like you're happy in your relationship. Have you talked to him about how you feel?

No matter who I date I always find myself counting during sex. Sex has never been my cup of tea, however i do make accommodations when I care for the other person. Sex aside we mesh together very well, his weird fits with my weird. Our personalities play off of each other and i enjoy the adventures and the support I get from this relationship. A few years ago I told my family and friends that I'm ace but none of them understood. I got tired of all the stupid questions my sexuality became no one's concern, not even his. We have not lived in the same area for a year yet we are still together, because our relationship isn't centered around sex. Yes when we do get together we do focus on what he needs to keep our relationship mutual. How do you look at someone you love and tell them that romantically you are attracted but when it comes to sexual attraction its one sided?

Just like that...

I find it a bit odd that he doesn't seem suspicious by now. My assumption would be that a sexual partner eventually picks up on the lack of excitement on the other side.

He should know this. Especially since there will be a time when you just can't do it anymore. The longer you wait, the more pain it will cause.

Archived