I can't find Acebook

Podsnap

The address is ace-book.net, if I remember right.

10 minutes ago, Una Salus Victus said:

The address is ace-book.net, if I remember right.

Found it. Thanks a lot . Now I'm going to get married and be cool and popular. :blink:

6 minutes ago, podsnap said:

Now I'm going to get married and be cool and popular.

Yeah that happens all the time on Acebook.

TheLastOfSheila
6 hours ago, Tercy said:

:lol::lol::lol:

• 11 months later...

hahahah just saw that post on ace group

Grumpy Alien
On 8/21/2017 at 4:44 AM, Tercy said:

Image result for laughing gif

• 1 month later...

At the moment, the ace-book site is down. I hope it is temporary.

To Google Acebook, it'll first autocorrect to Facebook, so you next have to search instead for Acebook, then Acebook won't show up on the first page of search results, but what you do get is an Urban Dictionary page and an AVENwiki page, with the AVENwiki page containing a link to Acebook.

11 hours ago, newgirl said:

Has any Acebook  members found friendship or romance on that site or met people offline?

I know of a few success stories, but most of the feedback that I've heard about Acebook has been negative (i.e. mainly people who aren't serious about relationships or who have unrealistic expectations about relationships, are afraid to meet in real life due to social anxiety, etc.). There's also the fact that the forum software looks really dated, which adds to the depressing vibe.

6 hours ago, Pramana said:

I know of a few success stories, but most of the feedback that I've heard about Acebook has been negative (i.e. mainly people who aren't serious about relationships or who have unrealistic expectations about relationships, are afraid to meet in real life due to social anxiety, etc.). There's also the fact that the forum software looks really dated, which adds to the depressing vibe.

No need to be negative about ace-book. I've talked with and met a lot of fantastic aces via ace-book and zero through aven. I have only good things to say about the site and I'm happy to say I am one of the success stories. The forum software looks fine to me and does what it is supposed to do. That's like going on a cruise and saying you don't like the ships propellers.

Now the ace community as a whole tends to be pretty young and judgmental.

There are some new sites popping up now and the community is supporting them. More is better. Choice is good.

https://www.meetaces.com/home.php

The above site is interesting in that all communication seems to be one on one and private.

https://forum.asexual.me/

Some people did a spin-off of aven. It is growing rapidly.

CanMan,

I'm glad you had success on Acebook but i'm with  Pramana, Acebook is dead wood site.  Don't go on a  meeting site if your goal is  emotional support ONLY  and you do not have any interest in meeting people offline

4 hours ago, CanMan said:

No need to be negative about ace-book. I've talked with and met a lot of fantastic aces via ace-book and zero through aven. I have only good things to say about the site and I'm happy to say I am one of the success stories. The forum software looks fine to me and does what it is supposed to do. That's like going on a cruise and saying you don't like the ships propellers.

Now the ace community as a whole tends to be pretty young and judgmental.

There are some new sites popping up now and the community is supporting them. More is better. Choice is good.

https://www.meetaces.com/home.php

The above site is interesting in that all communication seems to be one on one and private.

https://forum.asexual.me/

Some people did a spin-off of aven. It is growing rapidly.

As I said before, I've heard of a few Acebook success stories, but that fails to counterbalance the much greater volume of negative feedback (there've been a number of AVEN threads on this topic, and I've participated in plenty of other informal discussions about asexual dating). Regarding the meetaces site, I just did a search for all of Canada, all genders, and all age ranges, and it returned only nineteen people for the whole country. Not exactly promising! As for the other site you mentioned, it has been in operation in one form or another for a year and half now, and still only has a handful of active members and a handful of new posts per day. Not exactly what I'd call growing rapidly! Forum software quality is important, and poor graphic design is an easy way to turn people off. I've talked to a number of people who couldn't be bothered with Acebook (and AVEN, for that matter) due to the dated design. Therefore, your cruise ship analogy doesn't make sense, because passengers generally don't interact with or even see the propellers, but site members do interact directly with the interface and of course have to look at the site the whole time they're on it! The reality is that the online asexual community is mostly young people so if you want to be successful, you have to keep up with current trends. Much of the activity today unfolds across Tumblr, Reddit, 4chan, and affiliated discord servers, and I'm also told that in real life meetup groups are witnessing growth in more populated regions.

• 3 months later...
ReverentCreature

Meetaces.com was not good for me. Everyone nearby was hetrosexual and had not logged onto the site in years so they would not see any messages I sent out. The site seemed very quiet indeed!

Archived