Have you been excluded/rejected from the LGBT+ community?

Eziio

I am so fed up with reading comments coming from people who are in the lgbt community saying that asexuals don't belong.

Saying stuff like we don't deal with enough discrimination,since when was it a contest? 

Ruru+Saphhy=Garnet

I personally, never have been excluded from the LGBTQIA community in my area. 

I'm fed up with the comments as well to be honest.

I think it happens more online than in physical spaces. And no, but with the caveat that I'm pan.

straightouttamordor

I don't understand why aces are included into any other grouping. Being in the set or subset or elements in any other group. We, for the most part AREN'T sexual. The rest are. Sometimes people do make hurtful or off hand remarks absolutely. I don't believe in excluding LGBTs from anything. Some are also Asexual as well. The subversion of language is so ridiculous !  Sexual Asexuals ?? 

Enne Kristin

Yes, I happened to experience erasure because of my genderidentiy (genderfluid) and because of my orientation (pan/polyromantic grace) Even Asexuals allready told me as a greysexual, romantic person I did not belong to the ace community... But especially from ... how to call them... "binary trans persons" I had to experience invalidating slurs...

I've never really wanted to be part of the LGBT+ community, but I haven't told my close friend(who's lesbian) that I'm ace, due to all the comments I get online.

arekathevampyre

@Eziio the comments are just plain annoying and rude . 

I have never really been part of the lgbt+ community (though I may qualify since I am agender - transgender umbrella) so I can't say that I have faced any discrimination or rejection .

I feel that what @prib23 say is right because in the lgbt+ group may also include asexuals (homoromantic for example) so why can't aces be included ? 😡

To Each Their Own

No...and I when I am in LGBT+ spaces I always speak up about asexuality and I am usually (always) the only ACE (and aro) voice in that space. But I am NEVER shut down. 

At LeatherPride...I am the only asexual voice. But I am never shut down, and our flag is always there!

I have only encountered resistance online: from anonymous people behind keyboards. It is ridiculous for those people to insist asexual people form their own community when I have yet to meet another asexual person in real life. 

Live and let live. 

Janus the Fox

Th asexuality and my homo-romantic relationship has been openly accepted in any LGBT space outside of immediate locality usually in cities.  There no visible LGBT space locally to begin with otherwise.

I have yes, 

I have been starting the conversation for more exclusivity.  Sometimes it works, other times it does not. 

Archived