Aces....do you "ship" fictional characters?

Lovelykat

29 minutes ago, .Lia said:

Remus/Sirius (Wolfstar)

Why didn't I think of that?  As to Fred and George, I saw them as life partners anyway.  They'd obviously built a business and an existence together. 

Also, am I the only person who thought Harry and Ron would have gone well together?  Also, in another universe, Hermione and Draco, who actually had a lot in common during their early years in school (in terms of overcompensating for their backgrounds).

embracetheace

i ship all the damn time, I usually end up shipping people for... 3/5? Movies or TV shows I watch :wub: and then spend a bunch of time reading fanfics about them, since sadly most of them aren't canon. I have too many. Most of them are M/M or F/F but there's some M/F mixed in there too.

I was really stuck on John & Sherlock from BBC Sherlock until the last season, which was really disappointing... So I'm kind of distancing myself from it now. One of the ships I'm really into now is Sayaka & Kirari from Kakegurui ;) which is 

Spoiler

pretty much canon, so I don't have to be afraid of any queerbaiting. Which is refreshing as hell. 

I don't ship any fictional characters. I have platonic ships, or like... characters I wish to be better friends or who should just stay friends forever.

I will read fanfiction where there are shipping and romance involved occasionally, but I often scroll past the kissing and cuddling and will even stop reading a fanfic half-way through because of an increase in romance.

Sooo many slow burns where I just stop reading after 17 chapters.

Wooo I'm glad to see there's so many other aces into shipping.

I've always had certain slash ships that I agree with (Jack/Daniel from SG-1, Sasuke/Naruto from Naruto, Riku/Sora and Axel/Roxas from Kingdom Hearts, etc.), but I never was much of a shipper in the sense of actually getting involved with fandoms or creating shipping stuff (fanart, fanfiction) until just recently... I'm really into Craig/Tweek from South Park... why is this happening, lol. 

Ever since I found out about asexuality I kind of like working that into my ship headcanons sometimes? Like I headcanon Yuri from Yuri on Ice as homoromantic asexual, and I headcanon Tweek as demisexual. 

No, I don't really see the point or the appeal.

yes i do! i sometimes even ship people in real life! not people that i know just celebrities that i watch a lot. lol. 

i shipped Carley and Lee from The Walking Dead TellTale game but they both died in season 1 :( (it would've been perfect too...cause CarLEE!)

and i ship Joey Graceffa and Daniel Preda so hard! i know they are dating already but they need to get married already!! 

I definitely do ship characters, but I don't think I ship as much or as hard as most other fans do, and most of my ships are canon. I ship Percy/Annabeth and Nico/Will from Heroes of Olympus, the Doctor (particularly 10)/Rose from Doctor Who, and Kara/Lena from Supergirl (my only non-canon ship). There are other couples (again, mostly canon) that I like, but my feelings aren't strong enough to really call them ships.

I saw a thing saying there are two types of fanpeople: the "they're so perfect for me!" type and "they're so perfect together!" type. I ship Scorbus from Cursed Child and Asakiku from Hetalia...probably not much else. I'm strangely indifferent about canonical pairings.

StrangerThing

I have tons of ships, though most are the OTPs (one true pairing) in the shows I watch.  I'm hopelessly addicted to Korean dramas and some Thai dramas so most of my ships come from them.  Back when I was watching Game of Thrones, I shipped Arya and Gendry like whoa.  

I don't get into the fanfic aspect of it though.  Mainly because I think a lot of writers have trouble really getting a character's 'voice' right and I don't have time to sort through the good and the bad.

Yes I have lots of ships, I have even been ship captains 

I don't really ship characters because I'm not all that interested in romance, but I can appreciate when a relationship is written well.

I ship all the time. I'm so deep in fandom I don't remembre anymore what real world looks anymore. And I think "thats it, I have so many ships I just can't have more" and I always find some new characters that are just made for each other :D Fandoms and fanfiction are mosty responsible for this.  But I only ship fictional characters, never real people. 

Apathetic Echidna

I ship, always fictional characters and mostly canon relationships, I have affection for AUs and plothole-filling stories. I can get seriously obsessively deep into a ship for a while. It doesn't help that I found some good active writers recently. Sometimes shipping fanfics have the best poetry or lyrical writing.

At the moment I am seriously thinking of writing my own shipping fanfic for The Last Kingdom. I just want Eric to be happy and Aethelflead to stab her husband. Stab him many times, then behead. 

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 0:38 PM, Mink_Seragaki said:

I ship Otabek and Yurio; Yuri and Viktor;

Dude. Same. On so many levels I very much agree.

SallyBlackwater

I have soooo many ships xD if I were to make a list right now, I'm sure I'd forget a lot of them xD my OTPs right now are Victuuri and Otayuri from Yuri on Ice, Makoharu, Sourin, Reigisa and Seigou from Free!, Neviluna from HP, Ayushiki from Corpse Party and Ezioleo from Assassin's Creed.

skymessenger

Yep

I think it's mostly because I'm a writer.  See, I love reading interesting stories and becoming emotionally invested in great characters.  Romance (minus the sex) can sometimes make for an interesting subplot.  So if I see something brewing that's bound to make for a cool story, I'll jump aborad that ship easily.  And if I have a favorite character, I'll want to see them happy.  If being in a relationship with a good person makes them happy, I root for them like I do for my real life friends.

No. I always hope for characters not to have romantic subplots and then I get disappointed when they do.

Honestly, I ship way too much! I think I just get super invested and want the characters to be happy. I mean, if all the characters were happy, I'd have no TV shows or movies to watch lol but I can't help it!

Not often. Pretty much only Scanlan-Pike on Critical Role (their kiss in ep 6 or 7 fucking killed me)

Not that often.

Hermit Advocate

Percabeth

Destiel

Hannigram

The Doctor/River Song

Cecil Palmer/ Carlos the Scientist

Notepad/Tony the Clock (Don't Hug Me I'm Scared)

Saitama/Discount Groceries

I'm sure I'll think of more later

everywhere and nowhere

What does "shipping" mean in this context??

I prefer canon pairings. Not a big fan of shipping non-canon ones because I find that I prefer their canon relationship. If they are best friends, keep them friends, if they are rivals keep them rivals, if they have teacher/student relationship, keep them teacher/student. Ever since I discovered shipping in my early teens, it was always annoying to me when I see non-canon relationships being preferred over the canon ones, like when people romantically(sexually) pair up canon male best friends. Especially when it happens to canon related siblings.

Fred/George (no judging!)

No, I'm judging. :ph34r:

Sometimes. My favorite is Ulquiorra/Orihime(Bleach), though a lot of times I just imagine myself as Orihime :P. I also like L/Beyond Birthday and A/Beyond Birthday(Death Note).

Once in a while I ship adult versions of characters from childhood cartoons, like Sam/Reggie(Rocket Power) and Angelica/Chuckie(The Rugrats).

A big fat yes! If I had to mention some from manga/anime:

- Loveless: YoujiXNatsuo & NatsuoXYouji (I like both ways lol), SoubiXRitsuka

- Devils and Realist: DantalionXWilliam, KevinXWilliam, WilliamXSytry, DantalionXSytry, BaphometXLeonard and many others

- Bloody Mary: IchiroXMary, BloodyXMary

- Black Butler: SebastianXCiel, ClaudeXAlois

Yup! Generally when I imagine or write a story about two characters, it's a fade to black situation, though. No sex. Also I've always had soft spot for a well-written romance novel. :redface: Huge fan of Georgette Heyer!

weethreequarter

All the time! I have so many ships, it's ridiculous! I spend far too much time reading fanfiction as a result... 

On 23/08/2017 at 6:02 PM, cinary said:

I ship all the time. I'm so deep in fandom I don't remembre anymore what real world looks anymore. And I think "thats it, I have so many ships I just can't have more" and I always find some new characters that are just made for each other :D Fandoms and fanfiction are mosty responsible for this.  But I only ship fictional characters, never real people. 

I totally agree with the whole only fictional characters thing. When I see real people being shipped, it makes me very uncomfortable.

Archived