Do you think you can be Asexual AND Aromatic and still have BPD?

asexualannie1993

asexualannie1993

I was wondering this. I have Borderline Personality Disorder and I have most of the traits. I've been diagnosed and I feel like it is a good fit for me but I'm just tired of people assuming I have abandonment issues or relationship issues. I don't have any problems in relationships when I had them I was a little distant (of course) but I did very well. I've read a lot about the "Quiet Borderline" and that sounds MUCH more like me. I have more of the behavioral problems and less of the interpersonal issues which in DBT I just want to skip because I don't need help with that. I was just wondering I don't think all BPD people should have that label of being bad in relationships. I was reading the book "I Hate you Don't Leave me." and they talked a lot about how Borderlines HAVE to be around people all the time and that is not the case with me. Do you get annoyed with the labels as someone asexual/aromantic/introverted and having BPD? Let me know what you think :)

I don't have BPD personally, but I have been doing a little research on it.

I am starting to suspect that my father might of had BPD before he was diagnosed with Paranoid Schizophrenia, but I will never really know.

He passed away a while ago.

What I did want to add is, in a lot of cases, people want to reach the quickest conclusion possible.

Heck, even our brains work to reach the quickest conclusion possible, to work more efficiently.

So labeling someone one thing and letting it encapsulate everything is the easiest thing people can do.

Stereotyping.

Although there is some truth to certain stereotypes, there is also a lack of a complete picture, and some people are comfortable with half truths.

That is all I wanted to say.

Have a beautiful night.

• Like 1
Luftschlosseule

I have BPD and consider myself ace and aro. I am also introverted, and ... it's kind of strange with people with me.
I was bullied for years and have sociophobia, but I can't live without humans around me. I am so lonely, and it threatens to consume me.

But: There are loads of traits that get summed up in BPD. Once had a nice therapy lesson in which we stated that I am not addicted to playing with money, buying things, am not taking drugs, not having a sexlife full of risks, all of which are likely for people with BPD. There may be similarities in every one of us, but that doesn't mean that we're all the same in every aspect.

For a diagnosis, you need to fullfill a certain amount of things, not all of them - and a few of the symptoms contradict each other, when you look into it.

DesiButters519x

Honestly I think you can, you don't need to have all the traits of BPD to be a "valid" BPD. everyone is their own story, no one is the same. 

AssassinBabs

Yes you can! I have BPD myself and I know for sertain that I am ace, and probably demi-aro. 

Those things you discribe are stigma's which are around BPD. And I fucking hate them! As for the so called quiet BPD, it is not in the DSM5 but it is real. For I am real so must the quiet BPD be real to! Every person is differant, so is each BPD differant. Something i noticed in my DBT, others have anger issues Idon't, due to my trauma. But that doesnt mean i have no BPD. So way couldnt you be a BPD with aro/ace orientation?