French toast,Pancakes,or waffles?

Ruru+Saphhy=Garnet

French toast,pancakes,waffles?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. What will you choose? Waffles,Pancakes,or french toast?

• Waffles
    • Pancakes
    • French toast

This poll is closed to new votes

19 hours ago, daveb said:

Of course. They are breakfast foods after all. :P

Do you not eat them, or do you eat them for other meals?

I don't eat them everyday; usually only on the infrequent occasions I go out for breakfast or when they are offered as part of breakfast at a hotel (like the waffles they provided with the breakfast buffet at a hotel I recently stayed at (outside the US) or something.

They aren't breakfast food elsewhere and I'm surprised you were offered waffles elsewhere! Although it being a hotel, possibly frequented by Americans I guess, that's possibly understandable. I lived in Belgium (where waffles are from originally) and they are eaten as a treat there, or even as an evening meal once in a while. In the UK 'Dutch' type pancakes are eaten once a year before Easter and elsewhere the same as waffles, as a treat in the afternoon or the occasional evening meal. As a child we were sometimes treated to what you call French toast (I had to look that one up) as children. There were also the French crepes you could buy when I lived in the south of France (not sure if that happens elsewhere in France). They were available from different stands in the street and were eaten there and then later on in the day, not breakfast. I don't even think those stands were open at breakfast time. For breakfast we eat cereal, muesli, especially when I lived in Switzerland, fried or boiled eggs, bread and jam or toast and jam and there's also the famous English Breakfast, All the things you eat for breakfast seem to be Americanised versions of what people in Europe eat at different times of the day and on different occasions. That's not surprising, after all, white Americans at least all come from Europe originally a couple of centuries ago and European culture has influenced what happens in the US and Canada. 

I had French toast for the first time a few weeks ago and I can't believe I've missed out on it for so long - it's so good! :P 

53 minutes ago, Acing It said:

English Breakfast

I do enjoy a good English Breakfast. :)

I guess breakfast foods are culturally relative. I've always thought it was kind of funny to designate some foods as breakfast specific. :P I have eaten cake (regular chocolate cake with chocolate frosting for breakfast; not as a regular thing, just a special birthday week treat). I know some people like cold pizza for breakfast (I prefer to heat it up). I know the Dutch like chocolate spread on toast (but maybe not specifically for breakfast).

Anyway, it's all good. Whatever people like. :D 

french toast is the best! waffles are okay but sometimes they can be too crispy on the outside and pancakes are too doughy and fulfilling in my opinion. but i won't complain with whatever you make! lol. (unless it tastes terrible) 

This is hard. I generally prefer french toast, but lately have had a hankering for pancakes, so that's what I put.

I'm in agreement with @Acing It, in Britain, pancakes are a snack or dessert, waffles are part of a main meal, and French Toast would be breakfast. Therefore it's not so much which you prefer as when you are eating. 

For the record, I've never tried those things which look like spongy drinks coasters served in a pile, but flat crêpe style pancakes are fine, either savoury or sweet, waffles are great covered in gravy as part of a fry-up, and I haven't had French toast 

2 hours ago, Skycaptain said:

I'm in agreement with @Acing It, in Britain, pancakes are a snack or dessert, waffles are part of a main meal, and French Toast would be breakfast. Therefore it's not so much which you prefer as when you are eating. 

For the record, I've never tried those things which look like spongy drinks coasters served in a pile, but flat crêpe style pancakes are fine, either savoury or sweet, waffles are great covered in gravy as part of a fry-up, and I haven't had French toast 

If your definition of a pancake is different from the American definition then I can see why you might categorize which meals it's for differently, too.

American style pancakes are very filling. Not something you would generally have for a snack. And not really what people would generally have for a dessert either.

Without ever having tried American style pancakes or French toast it's hard to be able to comment on them with any authority. :P

Crepes are kind of boring to me. They seem more like an edible wrapper to keep the real contents together. Maybe I've just never had really good crepes, but I'd just as soon have tortillas or bread/toast.

Waffles.

Ruru+Saphhy=Garnet
On 8/19/2017 at 9:12 PM, Tja said:

PANCAKES!!!!tumblr_n033sdv2Cr1qm7j1ao1_250.gif

☝👍

Ruru+Saphhy=Garnet
On 8/19/2017 at 11:43 PM, Pramana said:

Pancakes, but waffles and French toast are great too!

Pancakes are my fav, but I agree, I love all 3!

• 1 year later...

@Ruru+Saphhy=Garnet

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to re-start new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived