Asexual Pride Rings

Indigo

*waits by mailbox with a tube of superglue*

*checks watch*

I guess it takes a while for stuff to get to Podunk, Iowa... :?

ack.. yours got lost? did it get sent to the right addy?

I haven't had any issues with rings

Oh dear, Mac. I did use the Iowa address that you gave me. :? If it's not there in another couple of days I'll ask the post office if they can tell me anything.

sorry to interrupt...but how cool is this? http://www.fareastjade.com/MGP013.htm

It's like they have been browsing AVEN....

Ahh that's so cool!!

But the stuff's really expensive (for me, at least)... :shock:

Hehe.. BTW, I think they're onto us:

Metal Mafia is a WHOLESALE ONLY company. To purchase our products, you must have a retail location

I don't remember that being there before. :lol: Guess we'll have to find 'em on eBay from now on.

Unless there's a metalsmith in the house... :| Anyone?

Lady Heartilly

Awwww, I'm too late! I wanted a pretty ring. :( Then again, I probably would have gotten the rhinestone one and had them all fall out.

Well, like I said, they do have some on eBay (click!). It'd cost a bit more, but if you really want one, it's an option.

What would be really cool is if we could get some kind of black ring for the AVEN store...

Lady Heartilly

Ouch, yeah, I don't have that kind of money to spend on a ring right now. The only job I have this summer is an unpaid internship. I'd definitely prefer we have an official AVEN ring that we sell in the AVEN store. That way, when people wear them, we'll know for sure they're from AVEN and not just someone who happens to enjoy wearing black rings on their right middle fingers.

deladangerous

Would anybody wear a hemp ring?

As I think I've mentioned once, I make (and sell) jewelry. I can't do metal, but I play with wire, beads, hemp, suede and all other kinds of stuff that doesn't require the use of giant dangerous slicey machinery.

If I could find enough people who wanted them, I might consider mass-producing some AVEN jewelry... or taking custom orders..

*raises hand*

*curious* How do you make a hemp ring? Cause I've made hemp necklaces and bracelets and stuff, and it seems too thick to make into a ring...

Unless you have super special think hemp?

deladangerous

I think it is possible to make one out of hemp... I think I've even had one at some point or another. It probably just goes like any other hemp jewelry. It might be thicker than a silver ring perhaps, but.. it's hemp. Hemp's not too bothersome.

And I just realised that I have some purple wire! I'ma see if I can make some AVEN earrings from it, and consequently show you guys what I can do. . .*pesky*

Yay!

Hmm, if I have purple string lying around, I could make a bracelet...

I'm making a blue one right now! :D

And... nah, it'd be a bad idea to say something along the lines of "and if I have enough, I could make for other people" because I'm as slow as hell making string bracelets :D

Plus, it's much easier (and more fun!) to teach other people how to make them ^__^

Silly Green Monkey

I can make rings from the 80 gauge thread, but I only have pale colors. The darkest I've been able to find was green.

deladangerous

I'm funny.

aprideearring.png

this didn't go at all like I intended (I should probably try it with colored wire and not coated wire..), but oh well.

Rock! Very nice, del. I'd like to see future incarnations, if this isn't what you'd meant to do.

Gives me some ideas. . .

deladangerous

I'll keep ya' posted.. Hopefully soon I can get out and find me some better supplies and try these puppies again.

Do be sure to show us if you have any success with your idears. :)

Will do, but it may be awhile. See, I do like blowtorches and big grindey machines, and my latest ideas involve learning to enamel. . .

Except! Oh! Oh! I just had another idea that would just take wire. But I should go get some black or purple wire, because all I have is sterling and copper and I don't think either would do. *ponders*

Yay inspiration! *sketches so as not to forget*

Archived