I strongly dislike...

theredbubble

theredbubble

What are some things about being Asexual, greysexual, demisexual (basically anything related to all romantic and sexual orientations and gender) that you strongly dislike or even hate? This can range from the puns to negative feedback from others to your own insecurities about being whatever you are. This is a judge free ranting session.

Pardon the lack of an avatar, just joined and haven't gotten it working yet. I dislike being told it's not real more than "It can be fixed" personally - the former is apathetic which is my own bugbear while the latter is at least sympathetic - kinda like telling a lesbian "Oh, but you'd LOVE straight sex" it's really annoying that they don't consider we've heard it, like, all our lives but it comes from a good place. Actually had a friend (and he was dumb, ended up blocking him for unrelated stuff) constantly say "Hey man, we're gonna get you a girl, it's great". Even tried to have me talk with girl students. IDK, there's more, like asexual representation (which I'm glad is getting better but also when we're in the spotlight we'll get worse before we get better) but IDK. Got 99 problems but depression, bad relationships, life-in-a-rut and boredom are a few. Pardon the awful joke lol

I dislike the feeling that I might never find a partner that accepts my asexuality.. And, of course, what Chris Zulas said~

Yeah, recently I've been kinda dying for a very close platonic relationship, or maybe even a non-sexual romantic one? Dunno, gender and romance recently have been in question so IDK lol

1 hour ago, BubleMnky said:

What are some things about being Asexual, greysexual, demisexual (basically anything related to all romantic and sexual orientations and gender) that you strongly dislike or even hate? This can range from the puns to negative feedback from others to your own insecurities about being whatever you are. This is a judge free ranting session.

I hate the belief that unless we're all having frequent "regular" consistent sex for the rest of our lives, that there's something "wrong" with those who don't. 

Why is that the 'norm' for a healthy life? 

14 minutes ago, Chris Zulas said:

Pardon the lack of an avatar, just joined and haven't gotten it working yet. I dislike being told it's not real more than "It can be fixed" personally - the former is apathetic which is my own bugbear while the latter is at least sympathetic - kinda like telling a lesbian "Oh, but you'd LOVE straight sex" it's really annoying that they don't consider we've heard it, like, all our lives but it comes from a good place. Actually had a friend (and he was dumb, ended up blocking him for unrelated stuff) constantly say "Hey man, we're gonna get you a girl, it's great". Even tried to have me talk with girl students. IDK, there's more, like asexual representation (which I'm glad is getting better but also when we're in the spotlight we'll get worse before we get better) but IDK. Got 99 problems but depression, bad relationships, life-in-a-rut and boredom are a few. Pardon the awful joke lol

i was just about to type something very similar to this!! it bugs me a lot too! <_< glad I'm not alone! 

Hey, it's all good lol I think there's a throughline for many aces on these things
Now let's hope my signature works now lol
If it doesn't, can someone tell me? Or is my avatar not showing? I don't see either RN, is there a thing you have to type, like in Wikis where to sign comments you put:

~~~~

nvm, i found it out lol ill wait for support to get back to me on the avatar
i will now cease posting irrelevant comments here lol

I dislike how uneasy I feel when people find out I'm ace or that I'm questioning if I'm demiromantic. Perhaps I'm still learning to accept myself. Sometimes I just wish it didn't mean so much to me to know specifically what I am

How sex crazed this world is... But even more than that, the lack of knowledge about asexuality. We grow up hearing everyone will find someone someday and then we realize it's not true, especially if you aren't willing have sex.

As silly as this may sound, I dislike knowing that I'll never have the option to be a stay-at-home-mom. I don't actually even want children, and I don't want any kind of romantic relationship, but just knowing that this lifestyle choice is completely unavailable to me is obnoxious!

I dislike when someone calls me, or any ace a late bloomer. I even more so dislike it when some pretends they know more about (my or general) asexuality or aromanticism than me. Like when someone who isn't a-spec tries to educate me. umm? Sorry, but I think I know more about this than you.

theredbubble
3 hours ago, quietcrayon said:

I dislike when someone calls me, or any ace a late bloomer. I even more so dislike it when some pretends they know more about (my or general) asexuality or aromanticism than me. Like when someone who isn't a-spec tries to educate me. umm? Sorry, but I think I know more about this than you.

This is a pet peeve of mine. I recently had to end a friendship because they kept trying to tell me that I was straight and that Asexuals are straight.

theredbubble
5 hours ago, belovedless said:

As silly as this may sound, I dislike knowing that I'll never have the option to be a stay-at-home-mom. I don't actually even want children, and I don't want any kind of romantic relationship, but just knowing that this lifestyle choice is completely unavailable to me is obnoxious!

I get that. I'm asexual and having kids isn't really an option due to medical reasons, not that I ever wanted to. But society telling me that I should have kids has made me feel similar to you.

theredbubble
9 hours ago, Chris Zulas said:

The lack of aro/ace representation also annoys me, but it is true that with more representation, the chances of more propblems does increase. So for me I want representation and I don't want the problems, but sadly that's not how the world works.

theredbubble
9 hours ago, Dellakat said:

I dislike the feeling that I might never find a partner that accepts my asexuality.. And, of course, what Chris Zulas said~

I too fear that I'll never find anyone. But more so because I'm arofluid and I fear that my partner would assume that means that sometimes I'll love them and sometimes I won't. Which isn't at all true for me. 

But I genuinely believe you'll find someone. It might not be for romantic love, but they'll love you nonetheless. ^_^

I dislike the idea that I might never find a partner who's like me and can accept me for who I am.  But generally speaking there isn't really anything I dislike or hate about asexuality - I have never wanted to have children, and to me that appears to be the only function of sex, so its not like I'm missing out on anything! :-)

ill keep this very short but i was told by a guy "i can rape this asexual out of you" pretty much ran home and cried...i was scared he would actually try and rape me and i didn't know what to do about it. 

I'm scared of falling in love with someone who's not asexual, even though I know that it might work.

56 minutes ago, miettaisace said:

ill keep this very short but i was told by a guy "i can rape this asexual out of you" pretty much ran home and cried...i was scared he would actually try and rape me and i didn't know what to do about it. 

Wow. That's a pretty awful thing to say. I'm sorry. :(

12 hours ago, miettaisace said:

That's disgusting. I hope nothing like that happens again. 

I dislike how I can't really find anyone to relate to about it in my life or even someone who understands what I feel. Explaining things isn't fun either. 

On 8/18/2017 at 10:38 PM, Dellakat said:

I definitely am with you there. I dislike the notion that it's going to be fairly difficult, if at all possible to ever find someone I can connect with that will accept the fact that sex isn't something that I particularly care about.

Apathetic Echidna

the feeling that friends will dismiss my orientation if/when I come out to them. I really love some of my friends so it would hurt so much. 

Archived