What am I?

ElisAllTheWay

ElisAllTheWay

I'm 18 and I don't have the slightest idea what I am, which makes me feel extremely uncomfortable at times. I've recently met a guy who is definitely a sexual person and we've hit it off: in a way I am attracted to him, but I'm not sure about it. I'm definitely attracted romantically and also find him rather attractive aesthetically. However, I never felt the need For sexual relationships Like other People My Age, nor have I ever had much interest in them: I'd rather Watch a great movie than have sex. When My friends talk about sex I feel extremely uncomfortable, and I usually try to get out of the conversation, even by leaving at times. I can't stand to see sex scenes in Movies and tv Series. I just shiver because of what I can only identify so far as disgust. Generally, I hate talking about sex. I Read about People doing it Three times a day and that's insane to me; also the idea of talking about it so much and so easily. I never even had a relationship before or sexual contact and in no way think it's "dirty" or "wrong". I just feel greatly uncomfortable, sometimes disgusted, sometimes bored. In one word I may have repeated just a few too many times: Uncomfortable.

Welcome to AVEN!

Sexual attraction is a type of of interpersonal attraction usually defined in terms of its ability to create sexual desires for specific people. Often, people will have sexual thoughts/fantasies that represent their attractions/desires, in advance of desires for real life sexual contact. Applying that to your story, I would say it sounds like you probably don't experience sexual attraction. On the other hand, you describe feeling uncomfortable talking about sex, watching sex scenes in movies, etc. It's fairly common for asexual people to have those sorts of feelings about sex, and it's often referred to as sex-aversion or sex-repulsion. Sexual attraction plays an important role in making partnered sex seem desirable, and in the absence of that feeling asexual people may actively dislike the idea of participating in sexual activities. By analogy, a heterosexual woman might desire to be sexual with men while feeling uncomfortable about the idea of being sexual with other women.

I hope this information is useful, and I wish you the best of luck!

• Like 1