Hi everyone

George-Q

This is my first post.

I only came across this group earlier in the week.

Having read a lot of the posts on the site over the past day or so, I've decided this sounds pretty good.

It's nice to know there are other people out there who feel and think much the same way as I do.

I've never really considered myself to be asexual - just someone who doesn't get a lot out of sex ! I've never really questioned why I have such a low sex drive - at the end of the day I guess it doesn't really matter. You are who you are.

I date women and have had girlfirends but mostly the relationships don't work out long-term for reasons you can probably guess. Usually I don't tell partners that I'm asexual - just that I have a low libido. Usually this gets interpreted as "he's not interested in me any more" and it's all over pretty quickly after that.

Anyway, it looks like there's a whole new asexual world out there waiting for me, so I'm really glad that I've found this site.

BTW, are there any other Australians in this club ?

• 1 month later...

I'm surprised yer gal pals don't take the "low libido" excuse and label you as "gay." I'm a 34 year old virgin male who's ALWAYS labeled as gay, whether I like it or not. Just because I like to dress in pastel Miami Vice/Don Johnson clothes and act softer and more sensitive than most men, I'm gay. (However, they're right in that I've never been remotely sexually or romantically attracted to females; I've always been ROMANTICALLY attracted to handsome men, but what I want is a romantic relationship with a man, wining dining and dancing--with NO SEX! I've never been SEXUALLY attracted to anyone in my life).

--Mike Vice

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome George! I'm a female (as you can probably tell =0) and I've gotten the whole "you're a lesbian" thing before, so I know what you're saying. Welcome!

Archived