Am I Asexual or Aromantic?

deletethisplz

deletethisplz

Hi! I'm new here.:D

This year I found out what asexual meant. I was like; that sounds alot like me! But since a month or 2, I found out there is also something like aromantic.

So now I have no idea what I am.

So let's talk about me... (Okay, that sounds strange...^_^)

I'm 18 years old, and I never had a relationship.

I also never thought about it, and I also never thought about having sex..

My classmates kind of bullied me because I didn't understood it, but I still don't.

I also don't even wanna think about it, and I can't believe that it is probably such a big thing.

Apart from that, I also don't like when they put 'love interests' in movies or tv shows. I then always start to dislike the show or movie.

But I did kind of 'fell in love' twice, but it never became more then friends. But when they wanted to hang out more, I also didn't liked the idea of dating them anymore...

At the moment I just want a really close friend, who doesn't have a love interest, so I'm not third-wheeling.

But when I think about relationships, I just don't know. I sometimes want it, but then when it comes close, I don't.

Thank you for reading, and I'm sorry if the grammar is bad, english is not really my language. :P

knittinghistorian
21 minutes ago, Deus Ex Infinity said:

How about being both? There are a lot of aromantic aces here.

Hi!

You really do sound a lot like me.  I get irritated with tv shows or movies that shoehorn in a pointless romance when a friendship would A) make more sense and B) be more interesting.  I know, intellectually, that sex is a big deal to most people: how else would politicians lose their careers over it, politicians who put political success above EVERYTHING ELSE?  But I don't get it.  I don't feel it.  The concept of desiring sex has exactly the emotional resonance of an obscure anthropological argument or the mating habits of mole rats.  My dream relationship, like yours, would involve being someone's one and only, but in the sense of a very close and committed platonic friendship, without any sexual tension.

You can be both! I'm grey-romantic (more specifically acoromantic) and ace. I get it. :) it can be very confusing but luckily there's a lot of info online nowadays. 

Lucas Monteiro
1 hour ago, followthehorse said:

But when I think about relationships, I just don't know. I sometimes want it, but then when it comes close, I don't.

Besides that you can be probaly be asexual and aromantic, you could be too lithromantic. But I can't tell for sure, only you can say about what you feel about those labels, and some of those it would require more information for we tell with more sure about it. And before I forget, welcome to AVEN :D and take some cake  :cake::cake::cake: , it's our gift to new members.

Some links that can be helpful :

http://wiki.asexuality.org/Asexuality

http://wiki.asexuality.org/Aromantic

http://wiki.asexuality.org/Lithromantic

Guest Deus Ex Infinity
19 hours ago, knittinghistorian said:

Hi!

You really do sound a lot like me.  I get irritated with tv shows or movies that shoehorn in a pointless romance when a friendship would A) make more sense and B) be more interesting.  I know, intellectually, that sex is a big deal to most people: how else would politicians lose their careers over it, politicians who put political success above EVERYTHING ELSE?  But I don't get it.  I don't feel it.  The concept of desiring sex has exactly the emotional resonance of an obscure anthropological argument or the mating habits of mole rats.  My dream relationship, like yours, would involve being someone's one and only, but in the sense of a very close and committed platonic friendship, without any sexual tension.

Yeah,  I guess so. It's nice to meet another same-minded soul *smiles at you* Do you think , that you might ever be able to find your perfect match/soulmate somewhere out there? Are there any special qualities that might be able to trigger or catch your interest in another person? Just a random curious thought.

deletethisplz
On 16-8-2017 at 10:00 PM, Deus Ex Infinity said:

How about being both? There are a lot of aromantic aces here.

Yeah, I guess that may be it! :)

On 16-8-2017 at 10:17 PM, knittinghistorian said:

Hi!

So I'm not the only one who thinks like that! :)

On 16-8-2017 at 10:32 PM, BooknerdBee said:

You can be both! I'm grey-romantic (more specifically acoromantic) and ace. I get it. :) it can be very confusing but luckily there's a lot of info online nowadays. 

That might be me too... :P I don't know it yet.

On 16-8-2017 at 10:46 PM, Lucas Monteiro said:

Besides that you can be probaly be asexual and aromantic, you could be too lithromantic. But I can't tell for sure, only you can say about what you feel about those labels, and some of those it would require more information for we tell with more sure about it. And before I forget, welcome to AVEN :D and take some cake  :cake::cake::cake: , it's our gift to new members.

Some links that can be helpful :

http://wiki.asexuality.org/Asexuality

http://wiki.asexuality.org/Aromantic

http://wiki.asexuality.org/Lithromantic

Thanks for the links! :D I never thought about me maybe being lithro... 

I'm another (likely) aro ace. 👋🙂 I'm kinda with you on having a close friend. I'd rather be friends (so far I have not had an interest in having a romantic relationship) over BF and GF. It's pretty lame when you're judged for not caring about romance and sex. As a guy, I occasionally have to deal with people judging me for not acting like a typical guy. I just ignore it. 😗🎶🎵🎶

deletethisplz
On 18-8-2017 at 7:06 AM, Laplace said:

I'm another (likely) aro ace. 👋🙂 I'm kinda with you on having a close friend. I'd rather be friends (so far I have not had an interest in having a romantic relationship) over BF and GF. It's pretty lame when you're judged for not caring about romance and sex. As a guy, I occasionally have to deal with people judging me for not acting like a typical guy. I just ignore it. 😗🎶🎵🎶

It's good to know that I'm not the only one who thinks like this! :)