Finding the label that fits.

Hey all!

So I've been hopping between labels for a while now. Like... ten years. At first I thought I was bi, because I only knew about L, G and A. Then a few years later my world opened up more and I landed on Pan. But that still didn't feel right when I thought about it so I added Demi. But that also didn't feel right... The more I looked back at my life, my sexual one especially, I noticed a pattern... and after talking to two of my ace friends, I finally came home and landed on the ace label for myself. Adding the grey-romantic one (more specifically acoromantic), which I will not go deeper into in this thread.

Why I consider myself Ace?

• I do not feel like sex is needed in my life. I can live without it.
  • In relationships it always felt more like an obligation, a job, rather than a way to be intimate.
  • I was able to enjoy the actual physical act, but everything leading up to it is awkward and I do not enjoy it.
  • I never initiate it unless I'm told to do so (yeah... I've pretty much only been in very bad relationships so far...)
  • I can find someone aesthetically pleasing, but am never really sexually attracted to someone.
  • I do masturbate very rarely, but usually as a way to get myself to sleep because I have trouble sleeping.

That's about it for now, I think...

Anyway, my point is, I finally found the label that fits for me. And while labels might not be important for some, it does help me. So I'm glad I finally found the right one for me. So my question... how have you guys found that label that fits for you? Or are you still looking?

Bee

Apathetic Echidna

labels weren't important to me before, but at the moment I have decided to seek some out. I found aromantic pretty quickly and had a I found my people!!! moment. As for sexuality I am still questioning. I had a few labels I found relateable, but as I find more information about their differences or their definitions they I seem to identify less to them...Gray-a covers it (for now)

• Like 1
On 8/16/2017 at 6:13 PM, BooknerdBee said:

how have you guys found that label that fits for you? Or are you still looking?

Stumbled across by chance, read something about it, and thought "Hey - that's me!".

Only thing is... I can't be sure. Being demisexual would explain how I feel and behave with respect to relationships. But I could also give other explanations, that I'm less comfortable with. So to some degree, I'm still looking. But I try to look for experiences, or a better understanding about myself, rather than for new labels.

• Like 1