A lithromantic in love?

ben8884

So, I am like 99% sure that I am lithromantic in that I tend to like the idea of a relationshipand yet the prospect of one fills me with dread. I get crushes but they last days or weeks at the most. That being said I have fallen in love. Like, I actually want a relationship with this person not just the idea of one. This did not happen right away but it did happen and it's making me question everything in my romantic orientation.

My man, I know how you feel. (Excuse if I sound douchey for saying my man) As a fellow lithromantic, I've gone through this constantly throughout my entire life. The idea of being in love, and love itself, is absolutely intoxicating. But when it comes to actually being in a relationship with someone, I feel like jumping out a damn window for all sorts of reasons. However, if you've found yourself in love with someone, and go through all the steps of starting a relationship that would normally trigger lithromanticism to snap its jaws at you and somehow find yourself in a loving and healthy relationship, then I will applaud you for how wonderful that is.

In all honesty though, romanticality and sexuality are weird things, and extremely fluid. Nothing is truly set in stone, so sometimes there will be things you feel that you never thought would happen. In those cases, don't freak out and question everything about your spectrums. I can't make you do anything, so I'll give you some ideas that might help.

go with it: if your lithromanticality kicks in, back to business as usual. If not, cool

think about it: feel things out, decide if you're comfortable with things or not

yell about your confused emotions: please don't do this, use your inside voice

Archived