Kissing Fantasies

Amaretti

I've had a squish on a long-distance friend for awhile and we've become especially close over a span of many many months. It's calmed down now that we're so close but I had a weird period of time where I would fantasize about kissing them (on the lips) or allowing them to sensually touch me. For maybe a few weeks this went on, then it went away. I don't desire to be romantically involved with them, I just wanna be friends but idk what on earth that was.

Am I misreading myself? Was that a brief lowkey crush? Or is it normal to want to kiss a friend in that fashion?

embracetheace

For me personally, having those fantasies would tell me that it wasn't purely platonic feelings. So if it were me, I'd call it a crush ^_^

A shard of glass

I've had dreams about kissing someone before, and other things that don't take much imagination to work out, but literally I think it's because I miss the action of performing these acts which are often seen as acts of love, lust, and sexual desire.

But even so, I don't know if dreaming counts as fantasising, but I have a few dreams here and there. The dreams have involved people I know, but I'd say that it's at most a squish... It really depends on how you feel when you see them... As your reaction to seeing or talking to them can determine to yourself what the feeling is :P I hope I was clear with that sorry >.< it's nearly 3AM here XD

Personally if I had something like that I wouldn't think it was strictly platonic, but it wouldn't be necessarily romantic either and I would most likely not think of it as a crush. I don't think I would be able to say I had only friendly feelings for that person though, depending on how much I fantasized about the sensual stuff. But you said it went away so that's different I guess. In any case it's up to you what to think of it.. If you don't feel it was romantic and don't want it to be so then you don't have to call it a crush. 

eww. Kissing is gross, whether a fantasy or IRL.  Maybe you really care for this person?

A friend pointed out that it could be because I don't get to be around them in person. I want to be a part of  my friend's life in the tangible world but have yet to meet with them in person. It's an interesting thought, can't say if it's the reason but it's interesting.

1 hour ago, Liebelit said:

Personally if I had something like that I wouldn't think it was strictly platonic, but it wouldn't be necessarily romantic either and I would most likely not think of it as a crush. I don't think I would be able to say I had only friendly feelings for that person though, depending on how much I fantasized about the sensual stuff. But you said it went away so that's different I guess. In any case it's up to you what to think of it.. If you don't feel it was romantic and don't want it to be so then you don't have to call it a crush. 

I hadn't considered the possibility of it being a mixture. It's possible. Ye it deffo went away from what I can tell

Archived