Autochorissexuality, quoisexuality, alterous attraction, queerness

Just Me!

It struck me the other day that I don't know what my sexuality is, and I have conflicting ideas about it. For instance- as an autochorissexual, on the Kinsey scale I'd be at around 3.5- but then again, I'm genderblind, so shouldn't I be a perfect 3? Or perhaps it's the difference between sex and gender skewing it? And then again, I'm leaning towards quoisexual because I can't differentiate between sensual and sexual attraction- I'm fairly genital-repulsed but I wouldn't be averse to making out etc, just nothing past that point. However, I'm not exactly supportive of the multitude of labels that spring up around sexuality- I feel like it should just be reduced to who you like, other details given ad hoc, to avoid the whole what-it-is-and-isn't, so identifying as something else would be hypocritical. I used to think I was quoiromantic, but then I discovered alterous attraction, and that sorted that. 

So because of all this, and because it's so difficult to explain, I think I might just identify as 'queer' and leave it at that. 

Hi! yeah, I feel similar to that. Attraction is a strange thing to me that I can't properly pinpoint or understand for myself. I know I can be attracted to people, that it's somehow different to when I'm not, but that's about it. For the most part it's not tied to me wanting to pursue it. Attraction can come in varying degrees for me, changing all the time even towards the same person. Sometimes I feel repulsed to it, sometimes not. It's just very weird and fluid. I like being queer. Chasing a "better" label just makes me unhappy.

Apathetic Echidna

I am having fun chasing labels at the moment. It is intriguing to see all the variety that has been coined by different terms. I don't know if I plan to publicly identify myself as the specific labels I find applicable, maybe just stick with something general. I label specifics for myself not anyone else. Seeing the variety is good though and labels make it seem less of a case by case basis and more of a 'so many people are like this that there is a word for it'. 

Archived